Crochet Baby

My 20 month old daughter has watched me crochet so much that she just loves 'helping' me by stabbing at the yarn ball, or blanket with her own hook a few times.

Last night I went into our bedroom to find her in the middle of a partially unraveled ball of yarn putting the hook into the ball and singing to herself.

I can't wait to teach her to crochet. Although DH will probably have to move out with TWO crocheters in the house....:lol:yarn

That reminds me when my granddaughter was 3, she used to watch me crochet & wanted me to teach her. I gave her a hook & a small ball of yarn & she used to pretend to crochet. 1 day her father [my son, who does crochet] came to pick her up. She told him " I'm not ready can't you see I'm crocheting. She's 7 now & my son can't wait to teach her.

You may have a future crocheter on your hands! She may be one of those wiz kids that can count, know their alphabet and crochet all by Kindergarten!

:manyheart

How cute! My two year old son takes pride in my work. He shows it all to everybody that comes over, one-by-one. :) The most he does though is bend the yarn needles, or hide my crochet hook in the middle of the skein of yarn. I usually don't find it untill I've been crocheting for a while and the yarn starts pulling it out. :lol

The closest I've gotten to my kids wanting to learn is the kniffty knitter. My stepdaughter learned last time she was here, and my son learned right after step-kids went back home. They have each made one purse. Neither one of them kept their FO! My dsd gave hers to her mommy, and my son gave it to his Nana.

How precious. I just love memories like those. Chloe does the same thing. Now she takes the hook and dances around the room with it, touching everything she sees. (like she is a fairy or something)

That's so cute....my 18 month old also plays with my yarn and if she's sitting next to me on the couch she will grab a hook and try to weave it into my crocheted item. I'm a lefty though, and she already prefers using her right hand for most things, but I taught myself from a book so hopefully it won't be too hard to teach her someday. Then we can both have yarn stashes!!! She already loves to go to the stores with me to buy yarn. She pats the yarn just like I do.

Archived