Do you use Iron On Patches on your Crochet? Pic attached

:thinkHi , does anyone use Iron on Patches on any completed crochet projects? I just finished this poncho for my Grandaughter and she LOVES BALLET , so I gently Iron On a Ballet Slippers patch on to the completed poncho here is the link for this PONCHO Pattern; http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/cbcl-funFurTrimmedPoncho.html?noImages=

th_irononpatch.jpg(clickable pic)

I would be concerned about how well they are attached. It usually takes a lot of heat to get the patches to adhere firmly... I am thinking of the blue jeans stuff and all those hearts and letters. :sigh

The heat needed to adhere the iron on could be too much for the yarn.

Yours looks cute; how secure does it seem.

:cheer thank you all.....the iron on went very quickly with no damage to the wool...cloth on bottom and cloth on top of the patch...low setting and tip of the iron and a few seconds and it attached very firmly...next trip to craft store I will read the instructions on the fabric tac and give it a try and let you know if it is as firm as the Iron...

thanks again to all your replies much appreciated:manyheart

I think they also make a special adhesive for patches. I know I bought some a while back, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll have to look and see if I can find the name of it....it may help.

Okay, One is called "Patch Attach" and another is called "Patch and Applique Glue". You can get them at Joann's and probably Michaels too.

Archived