Lion Brand Fall Catalog

Uwcheese

I have not ordered from them directly, but every once in a while I "reregister" for their mailing list. Not sure if that helps or keeps me on the mailing list......

Anyone else know?

I do know their catalog has come a long way. It is really impressive and much more vibrant than in the past.

thanks, Debbie

uwcheese

So I came home from work today to see I got my LB catalog. :mail

Am I the only one who is disappointed with this seasons catalog? :thumbdown It seems like a good 85% of the patterns are KNIT:angry No offense to those who do both... kudos to you. But I'm a solid hooker only:hook and can not knit at all. I'm quite bothered that almost all the patterns are knit. The only ones that I saw that were crochet were blankets and granny's.

How are people supposed to see crocheting as equal to knitting if we don't get equal share of the patterns? I loved alot of the sweaters.. especially the coat on the top right of 43:cheer only to see that it's needle or loom knit. :think

I'll get off my :angry:soap now.

It seems like a good 85% of the patterns are KNIT:angry No offense to those who do both... kudos to you. But I'm a solid hooker only:hook and can not knit at all. I'm quite bothered that almost all the patterns are knit. The only ones that I saw that were crochet were blankets and granny's.

How are people supposed to see crocheting as equal to knitting if we don't get equal share of the patterns? I loved alot of the sweaters.. especially the coat on the top right of 43:cheer only to see that it's needle or loom knit. :think

I'll get off my :angry:soap now.

Update: I received my catalog today. But I'm forced to agree with laughlovelook! What a bummer (:grump)!! The photos are lovely and the yarns look yummy! The projects look great but I need :hookprojects!! Doesn't LB get it (:thair)?! But then I could ask that question about so many other yarn companies, publishers - and the list goes on (:sigh). Oh, don't get me started (Move over a little bit, laughlovehook .... :soap)!!!

I almost didn't look at it, thinking that I already know what Lion offers from people posting things here and getting their emails. I'm glad I did, though, since otherwise I don't know if I would have ever seen the Moderne Jacket pattern which I am seriously considering purchasing. I adore it.

As for the amount of crochet included, I'd really rather have more, but at least there were some crochet patterns for adult wearables instead of just baby and afghan patterns. Since I don't expect much crochet at all from places like Lion Brand, I was pretty happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived