Scarves for Marine Battalion 3/2

TammyG

Yes, any scarves would be great.

Today I received some from clueless and I believe Christen-Z. So far I have received 10 from the ville. I have made 2 and have yarn to make at least 2 more. I will be making some this weekend. Mrs. Morgan is so overwhelmed, so thank you so much.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure, I took the box to school and gave it to Ashley to give to her Mom. But the addy was a C. Z....... last name, so it must have been yours. Thanks so much.

Tammy, and anyone else who made these scarves, how many skeins of the Bernat did you use per scarf? I know that I can get 2 of these scarves easily from the Caron pounder (I just made 2 5-ft Red Scarf Project scarves from one, and have some left over, so there'll be plenty for these 42-inch scarves). I bought 3 of the Bernat last night, and wonder if I need a fourth? I'm using the largest knitting needles I have, which are 10 or 11, but I'm terrible at guessing yarnage for knitting. But I can seed stitch really fast, so I figured I'd knit one and crochet one, if I have enough Bernat. Thanks, Patty

I crocheted my scarves. I forget what hook I used, but it's the one that was recommended at the beginning of this thread.

I got one scarf for every camo skein. And I got 3 scarves plus some left over out of the caron pounder. In fact, I had enough Caron left over to make an 18" square for another charity thread on here.

Yes I got less than 2 for each Bernat. I did not make any with the Homespun. It was about 1 1/3 of the Bernat, so I have made 2 and have enough to make 2 more, for now...Thanks

Actually, they will be shipping them now. The unit left yesterday for Iraq. So if you can get them to me by the beginning of Nov, that would be great! Thanks.

Patty: Thank you so much, received your scarves yesterday. Got home fairly late and not feeling good today, so excuse lateness of post. They are wionderful, thanks again!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh my goodness i dunno how i missed this thread!!! My husband is a Marine and we are currently stationed in Lejeune, NC I will go out tomorrow and buy some yarn to make some scarves!!

Thanks Charlene and Leticia. I worked with a Leticia!! My uncle was stationed at Camp Lejuene for many years. I am spreading the word on this. My student teacher's brother, Jeffrey, and his unit were just deployed and that is were I learned about this project. I give the scarves to Ashley's (student teacher) mom. She is part of the parent network. We have sent about 14 scarves from Crochetville.

Thanks to all who have helped!!

Hi Tammy I sent you an email yesterday. I have two scarves made up and I wanted to know if you are still taking the scarves. Let me know as I still have some yarn and I can possibly make a couple more for you. Thanks

Archived