Anyone want to do a "Bluesy Poncho" with me?

Anna68

I love this free pattern. It crochets up super fast and makes great gifts for Christmas, or for donation. It doesn't take much yarn, either.

I just started one in Peach & Cream colors -- same yarn as the Bluesy one -- Caron Perfect Match.

Here's the link:

http://members.aol.com/JSchlossma/blpon.html

:hookI'll try one. I used tomake ponchos all of the time, when my oldest daughter was a teen. She's now 34. My how time does fly. I have a few projects I'm working on now, but starting one more won't hurt!:dance I have 3teenage grand daughters that are really in to ponchos and shrugs, so:grandma , grandma can make a few for Christmas gifts. Does anyone know where I can get a pattern for a baby size poncho. I have a gr grandaughter due any day!:c9

Okay I started this yesterday morning, wasn't sure if I would wear a poncho, but then last night was bored and decided that I didn't want to weave in ends (have a ton to do on some baby gifts, and it can wait) and wanted to crochet so I made this. Yes I still have the ends to weave in. I'm not doing the fringe. I used RHSS WW yarn and a size K hook. I crochet very losely. It's not as big as the one in the pattern, but I'm glad. As soon as I weave in the ends (yes it will be soon) I'll post a picture.

I choose a different color pattern because I didn't think I had enough yarn, but it doesn't take much.

I did each side as follows:

3 rows of Real Teal (left over from my Eight-pocket Tote CAL )

2 rows of White

5 rows of Real Teal

2 rows of White

3 rows of Real Teal

This gave me the 15 rows and I didn't have to use too much of the contrasting color.

I found a few things that worked for me. I did the last row as the part for the neck edge on both sides. I sewed one side together and then counted the V-Sts on that side. I think I had 11 or 12. So on the other side, I started from the center, 11 or 12 V-sts and sewed to the end so it would match up.

Debbi

Ah here you go... http://members.aol.com/JSchlossma/cponsm.html exact same pattern for a child. You only ch 25. made by the same designer (I think it's in her website). It said this " I`ve received some feedback from a very

gracious young lady. She made this for her 4 year old and

it was too small and has given it to her little niece who is 2."

I think you could make it smaller for someone else too. I think it's a pretty adjustable pattern.

I thought maybe make them for my friend's daughter and chain 50. Or whatever you want for the size. Work the pattern until there are 2 chains left and then work the last dc. If there are more then 2 chains left but not enough for the pattern V-st and last dc, then do the dc (last stitch) and work the rows. When you are done you can take out any extra chains (i've done that plenty of times). Then just chain the amount you'll need for the second side.

Debbi

One thing I like about the child's poncho is that it's all in one color, well on her picture. So that gives you an idea of what it would be like. It suggests an "L" hook with RH WW but that's an awlfully big hook... well maybe not. K is pretty big with one strand of yarn. So maybe try a few rows (it's not very big) and see how it's working out for you.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Debbi

I so want to do this. I have a friend who is dying for me to make her something along these lines and I just haven't found anything that screamed "Drea" at me till now. I have a few things to finsih (the story of my life) and then I hope to be able to do this.

I finished mine today (except I haven't done the fringe yet) -- will post a pic hopefully tomorrow. I think I am going to make a couple more for gifts since it's such a quick and easy pattern. =)

Debbi, I love the color combo! It came out really nice!

I started my second one last night, this time using Caron Simply Soft in "Soft Pink" and "Chocolate" -- it's for my best friend.

I broke down and in the middle of the night I made one for my daughter for her birthday. It is the first thing I ever made for anyone to wear. It is a little big so I need to find a way to pin up the shoulders cause she is a little small and it is a little big I am going to take pictures some time today or possibly tomorrow ehen her party is over. I am so excited about it hehe and she looks so cute in it.,

I got the pictures so here they are!

th_mail.jpg

th_mail1.jpg

th_mail2.jpg

all pics clickable

I'd love to join you guys as my boss has requested a poncho, but I can't see the pattern. The link doesn't work for me. Any tips? Do you think you could use Homespun with this pattern. I have a bunch of a warm varigated brown, red color that would be pretty in a poncho.

Melissa your pictures are a bit dark and I can't see them on my screen and I would love to...

I think the sites down from everyone on here trying to access it. You use a large hook, an L hook, so really any yarn that you can use with that would work. This creates a pretty big poncho. The designer used a WW yarn, Caron Perfect Match, so really any yarn would probably work.

Debbi

No problem Melissa. I took mine with a phone and that's why the close up of the stitches wasn't that great. It took me a while to figure out that I could change the options (after I press the button to get the camera ready) and change the resolution to make it better. And use flash when needed not all the time like I thought I had to.

Looks like the website is back up! So anyone interested, can check out the pattern.

Debbi

I have the one for my niece half way done. I have a house guest now for a few days so I won't get a chance to work on it. But hope to get it done this weekend. When you assemble together, does it have to be sewed, can you slip stitch or sc together instead? I hate to sew. Also, have to load software on my new computer at home to post a picture.

I made one! I made one for my little girl and then wanted one for myself! great pattern isnt it! :)http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/twinthing/crochet/myfirstponcho.jpg[/img]"]myfirstponcho.jpg

and my little one's poncho

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/twinthing/crochet/alicesponcho.jpg[/img]"]alicesponcho.jpg

I used red heart super saver in monet and watercolour shades, I used a very fine fluffy eyelash yarn to edge it instead of a fringe....:hook

Archived