Anyone want to do a "Bluesy Poncho" with me?

Anna68

Cathy you could probably sc it together if you want. It's realy not that much to sew together though (trust me I've done a lot of sewing pieces together).

cherrypicker Love the 2 ponchoes. I love the first one most, that is one of my favorite verigated yarns.

I'm wearing mine today (it was a bit cool) and it fits great. If it was colder I would like it longer, but this works out great. Maybe if I wanted a warmer one I could do a larger hook and 2 strands of RH or even a thicker yarn.

Debbi

Cherrypicker, now that I see yours, I am going to pull those fringes out and do an edging like you did!! It's fabulous!! Really gives that extra something special to it.

Thanks for sharing!

*blush* thanks girls! :) I did some fringe but decided it was a waste of yarn! I don't know why but it just did not look right when I did it so i did the fluffy edge instead! :)

I just wish I could get red heart yarn here in the uk, I was lucky enough to recieve this yarn from a friend in the USA...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Amanda. I think that will be really pretty. I think I will be using Caron Simply Soft for mine as well, but not sure what color yet. I'll be watching for your pix. Take care.

Hi Amanda. I think that will be really pretty. I think I will be using Caron Simply Soft for mine as well, but not sure what color yet. I'll be watching for your pix. Take care.

Hi stitchgirl. I changed my mind after finishing one and half rectangle. Since I started all over again, it took a little longer than planned. I could not get the gauge right for some reason. I switched to Caron Glimmer yarn in white. Here it is without the trim:

1552104456_1e184b7dd1_m.jpg

and here it is with the Lion Fun Fur Trim:

1552103696_455a507c8e_m.jpg

I used only one color since that's all I had.

I am using the Caron in another shawl. I found the free pattern on the Caron Website.

Amanda

Archived