Ladies, I need your help

I JUST picked up the SnB book and............

I have no clue what to make first!!!!!!!!

Any Ideas?

What project did you have the most fun working on?

I've been going thru a rough time so I need some fun in my life!!

:manyheart OMG, the only thing I've made so far from this awesome book are the Seija hats. I'm having SOOO much fun with these. I've made about six in the last four or five days. I've been experimenting with two strands baby weight to one strand chunky and different hooks. I'll post a picture tonight hopefully in the show and tell. They are so easy and fun to play with. I even dug out some fun fur to try a stripe or edging with. I hope this helps you decide.

the first thing I made was the one skein scarf, then the in bloom clutch bags and now Im starting on the strip scarf......as the book does not rate the patterns with the level of difficulty, I thing starting small might be the key! :)

I bought that book for the Fat Bottom Bags and have made at least 10 of them.

I also have made at least 5 of the one skein scarf. I went down a hook size though because I like it better.

I have made 3 or 4 of the men's beanie.

I still want to make the clutch and the Sweet Pea shawl and a few other things.

Have fun with your new book. Be sure to check out this site for any corrections:

http://www.bust.com/knithappens/snbhh-errata.pdf

:)

I don't have the book, but the Fat Bottom Bag (the CAL mostly) is what would make me get it (and probably will soon enough) and that would be my first project. BUt I've saw the One Skien Scarf and that looks like a great first project too...

Try the one skein scarf. Quick and super easy. I also have done one of the purses. Can't remember the name of it, but it is made with nylon thread. I was leary of it because I had never even heard of nylon before. Made it for my niece and she L-O-V-E-S it! Good luck and have fun no matter what you make.

I've decided to start on the one-skein scarf today. And now that I have a digital camera, I can post pictures!!!

also, has anyone tried to do the sweet pea shawl? I really love the look of it and would love to wear it

I love that book -- so many things in it that I am planning to make. I have made several of the Knot Ugly shrug -- a very quick and easy pattern that takes me maybe 2 days to complete from start to finish; also 3 of the Cold Shoulders capelet -- another easy pattern to follow; and about a dozen of the one-skein scarf, in so many colors and textures.

I have also made 2 of the Short 'n Sweet bolero, both of which came out beautifully even though I found the first time through to be a little tricky, but I received lots of help from another (on this site, I think, tho it might have been from another site -- it's been awhile, so I don't remember) crocheter who literally walked me thru it. She was so kind and patient with all the questions I had, and was extremely helpful. :-)

No matter what you choose first, you will find yourself planning the next item before you finish. :-)

I've decided to start on the one-skein scarf today. And now that I have a digital camera, I can post pictures!!!

also, has anyone tried to do the sweet pea shawl? I really love the look of it and would love to wear it

I made the sweet pea shawl before it was published in the S&B HH book - and it was really fun to make, came out gorgeous and i get a ton of compliments whenever i wear it! :yay i'd love to make another one but i have about 12 WIPs right now:eek

Archived