Crocheting into the ends of rows

JCB

Question

I know the rule-of-thumb when crocheting into the ends of rows where the rows were done in double crochet, to do 2 stitches per row. How many stitches would you put if doing half double crochet?

Thanks!

Joan

9 answers to this question

i would try 2 in one, 1 in the next, & stop and inspect for ruffling or curling every so often.

In the notes from the Judge at Sydney RoyaL Show, she suggested when working in the end of rows, it helps to lay a strand of yarn along the edge and crochet over it as well.

I've tried this now in my last three projects involving crocheting back into the end of rows and it does make the edge that much neater.:yes

Manda

In the notes from the Judge at Sydney RoyaL Show, she suggested when working in the end of rows, it helps to lay a strand of yarn along the edge and crochet over it as well.

I've tried this now in my last three projects involving crocheting back into the end of rows and it does make the edge that much neater.:yes

Manda

I've never heard of that before, but it sounds like something I will try because I'm never happy with my edges. Thanks for sharing.

Manda

Im willing to try anything! I have never liked my edges. But what is the strand of yarn supposed to do?

I do that with any tails I have left over from my beginning chain or joinings along the way. I never purposely added a piece of yarn in, though. I wonder what that is supposed to do...make it firmer maybe?

Archived