Christmas Tree Project!

Gigiplum

Hi!:D

These are the first ornaments I've finished for my Christmas Tree Project.

A few years ago I saw a Christmas Tree with crocheted ornaments only. It was beautiful! Now I'm trying to have my own crocheted tree! :cheer

P8080380.JPG

P8080378.JPG

The second one isn't completely dry yet, that's why it looks different.

Both where hardened with water and sugar.

I hope you like them!!:hook

Well, I use half a glass of water and about eight spoonfuls (tablespoon) of sugar.

To dry the piece put it out of heat and strong lights or it might appear dark spots on it.

It takes about two or three days to dry completely, sometimes more. But the results are great.

Wow!! Nice looking ornaments!! I had a friend that one year her tree was all crocheted "angels, snowflakes, and bell's. It was a very beautiful tree!! So I know yours is going to look FANTASTIC!!:yay

I have made some crocheted snowflakes in the past, but I stiffened them with commercial products. The sugar water might attract bugs. Also if you want to freshen them up with washing, you will have to stiffen them again. Many, many years ago, ther was a starch product called PermaStarch which was sold in supermarkets, but is no longer available. They also have a spray stiffener on the market now.

I have made some crocheted snowflakes in the past, but I stiffened them with commercial products. The sugar water might attract bugs. Also if you want to freshen them up with washing, you will have to stiffen them again. Many, many years ago, ther was a starch product called PermaStarch which was sold in supermarkets, but is no longer available. They also have a spray stiffener on the market now.

:yes Yes, you're right about the sugar. But I haven't found a really good stiffener here (Buenos Aires) the one I tried wasn't very effective so meanwhile I have this really old way to harden my crocheted ornaments and boxes.

Thanks for the advise!!!!:) Now that I have this project I have a reason to search for a good starch product, sugar water also puts my patience to the test because it dries too slowly! :lol :lol :lol

Archived