Should I buy CSB and 63 easy-to-crochet book?

mom2boys

I've recently bought these 2 books : Knitting and Crochet Stitches, The Ultimate Source book published by Reader's Digest and Donna Kooler's Encycopledia of Stitches. However, I've been drooling over The Crochet Stitch Bible and 63 easy-to-crochet Pattern Stitches combine to make an Heirloom Afghan. Should I get 1 or both books if I've already have my other books ? Will CSB and 63easy-to-crochet book have duplicate stitches ?

Please advise before I convince myself to buy more books ! :) Thank you very much for all your replies ! :)

The 63 book is fantastic, because you can also use the patterns for dishcloths, squares, etc. There are now actually 3 books! 63, 63 MORE, and 63 cables. I'm combining squares from all three into one afghan.

Just an FYI, the gauge is off in the books, you will probably have to go down a hook size or two unless you work VERY tightly.

I love the 63 and 63 more. My DH bought me the first one, which I made as directed, the second was a recycled gift from a friend. I have made entire blankets using just one of the patterns of the squares. I just figured out the number of stithes in the pattern and increased it to the size I needed. Yes, that took a math wizard on my part to figure this out!!! LOL

I have both but would actually prefer the new book called The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs by Linda Schapper and published by Lark Books. There are 500 designs in there and the hardback book is over 350 pages.

I currently have it on loan from my library. It'll be returned with quite a few drool marks.

Hi! Just thought I'd chime in, I don't have the 63 stitches books but I did just buy the Crochet Stitch Bible and the 500 Knit and Crochet Stitches Readers Digest book. Believe it or not they don't seem to duplicate stitches (beyond the basic sc, dc, tc) I checked because I really thought I should return one if they had the same stitches. However the 500 Stitches is another incarnation of the Hanover stitches books, 300 Crochet stitches or is it 250 Stitches? So you don't need to get that one!

Archived