Purple square swap discussion

Ok Here is a new thread for us to discuss the Purple Square swap. Since we did overtake the other thread! I'll post the link here too. In case anyone else happens across this and wants to join in the fun!

http://www.******/swapclub/index.html

Just click on swaps and go to purple one and email the appropriate person.:clap

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did you find out how many people were signed up? I haven't got a list yet. Has anyone else or is it sent on when the swap starts? Last count Someone said was 23 and 40 was the max.

:waving Hi! I deleted my first post in the thread that I had started so that we can keep the discussion here since there are more replies here! :ghug

I brought my yarn to work and worked on my squares while on break... I am on my 3rd one! :jumpyay Woo hoo! but, wait... with the possibility of having to make, what.... 80?!?!?! :scared Well let's just hope that this project doesn't max out at the 40 people allowed!

...but if it does, then may I just say,

BRING IT ON!!! lol!

:box:knit

Jen, here's a copy/paste of that email:

"Current standing is 23 people in the swap. Yes you can use a cro-hook, I love doing that also - just to be different. Crochet, cro-hook (tunisian crochet) or knitting are all OK to make. Pattern is your choice (which is what makes it fun as we all choose different patterns). No border at all. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful squares!"

I kept all the emails, so if anyone needs certain info I can go back and find it for you and post it here!

I am going to do some different things. I got nervous about people complaining about the quality of items. I suck at making squares, hence the reason this appealed to me, lots of practice. And, I am a perfectionist so I will only send ones I am happy with...but what if my happy isnt other peoples happy.

I can't wait to figure out what to do with all the squares.

oh they'll be fine I'm sure! :D

A tip that I read on that sight is to make an 8x8" cardboard template... I did and let me tell you it sure is handy! I make my chain and compare it against the template, and my chain count has changed!

I'm on my 3rd square... I'm going to put a count in my sig, just for fun!

I was going to put it in my siggy too, but I wasn't sure the rules about off forum swaps. Do we have to label as such. I know the answer is out there but I am not going to rush to find out. And I am NOT going to PM Amy for a least a few more weeks on trivial matters. All that auctioning stuff, phew. I loved the cardboard cutout idea...although if my bunny gets a hold of it it will become a cardboard circle instead of square lol.

Have a few blocks made. I decided to do a granny square and the Criss Cross block out of Vanna's Color it Beautiful book. I am using the yarn that Caron sent when I ordered the mill ends skeins. I ordered three from them and received purple, lt. purple, and pink. Perfect!!!

Debbie

uwcheese

I am not in your swap, Too many projects right now. But I cannot wait to see what you all come up with!!!. So I will check back often to see all your progress. i am glad my swap ghan inspired you all to do one too!!!!

Suzan:cheer :cheer :cheer I will be your cheerleader!

I too will be watching and reading the updates on this swap. I was in two there before (#42 and #47 I think if I remember the numbers right :think ) Anyway, one was baby squares (12") and the other Blue Skies (blues and white in 7" squares). I also have too many other things on the go to join but will be watching and lurking here :devil

Hi All! I am having to use my on screen keyboard. My keyboard has died! RIP!This is not fun! I just want to say hi and that I have 0 done so far. I just finshed 2 baby blankets for co-worker who is having twins. Her shower is tomorrow. Then I have to finish up some squares that I am trading with a c'viller. Then purple swap...here I come!

glad to see this thread will live on! I have 5 done, but I'm on a 60 hour week this week so no crocheting for me! I am almost done with the graph-ghan and after that I can concentrate on squares.

editing to add a motivational pic for you ladies!!! (a pic that as usual won't show up! argh!)

squarespurple.jpg

Wow wee..!!! It's only my second day here on the forum and people are right, this is addictive! :D

People laugh at me how I love purple(/lilac) so much, anything purple and I like it. Another thing that has been in my thoughts lately is how I don't get much mail besides bills and adverts. So, this solves the problem to both. I can doodle with all the purple I want and get some mail for it! :cheer Well, I just signed in, so I hope that there is still space on the list...

One thing I didn't understand was the form of the square. Well, a square is a square but must it be started from the middle like a granny square or may it be a block? I should think so if knitting and tunisian crochet are allowed. :think

One of mine is from the center. It is easier to make a square as it automatically works into one.

The other one I am doing is row by row. I had trouble resizing it to be a consistent 8" but I am finding I am not a consistent tension crocheter. Sometimes I crochet tighter than other times.......

So, if you are a consistent crocheter, go for it!!!!

Debbie

glad to see this thread will live on! I have 5 done, but I'm on a 60 hour week this week so no crocheting for me! I am almost done with the graph-ghan and after that I can concentrate on squares.

editing to add a motivational pic for you ladies!!! (a pic that as usual won't show up! argh!)

squarespurple.jpg

Jess! Those are beautiful! That is a motivation! I can't wait to see everyone's!

Archived