Purple square swap discussion

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its OK!! I have just received two squares and they are the same size as the ones I had made already so I now just have to add extra onto the square patterns I have downloaded!!

Hi everyone, how are youdoing? I haven't made a square in weeks. I hope that as people start sending me some I will get my mojo back. Otherwise december will be rough lol.

Me Too! I feel the same way. I was on quite a roll before.:blush

I'm getting wound up for the operation recuperation period over the next six weeks!!! I have over 30 squares done, and the enforced time sitting on my rear end is going to be taken up with finishing the remaining 30-odd!!! Have received 4 squares so far, and they are beautiful!!!

Jenny

Hello... I've been steadily working on my squares... I can't mail them until after I get my Social Security check Wed... I should be able to send out some then... I just want to warn you all... not all of my squares have tails... I's so used to finishing off my squares as soon as I make them that some of the ends got cut and woven in before I even realized what I was doing... Sorry..

I've recieved 2 squares so far and they were quite nice...

I received my first two but I have to send them back. As I said before feel free to send any without ends to me, I am going to do something to make them all uniform first anyways.

After I finish up testing for RoseRed I have decided to put aside everything else except katchcans tablecloth and these squares for the next few months. No one else will be getting anything crocheted for christmas I guess, but thats ok. I have some other things I want to start or finish, but I am going to focus on the things with deadline.

That is until I get really bored, lol!

Well I sent out squares to 10 people today ....

B. Barrett

J. Winstrom

L. Katula

J. Northern

L. Edminson

L. Vars

S. Smilski

J. Nott

L. Takala

J. Demyers

I should be sending out more in a couple weeks time...

I got my squares from Debbie (uwcheese)...Thank you they are beautiful! I also got my groove back! I have made 10 since last night! Debbie yours are the first to go out! Thanks for "kicking me in the butt!"

I received squares from Barbara Barrett and Shaundra Dixon today and I will put them back in the mail to you tomorrow. Again I am sorry I had to drop out, but my wrist is getting better and itching to crochet. If you would like to be reimbursed for postage just let me know, I know this is expensive when you don't get back what you really wanted. Beverly

• 2 weeks later...

How is everyone doing? I have about 20 more to make and all my others are packaged and ready to go. Just waiting on the funds!

Has anyone got enough to start getting an idea of what the finished afghan will look? Post pics so we can see ideas.

Also, I am joining one of the next swaps that start in Feb. It is the neopolitan. Pink, tans, and off white! That should be really cool! So anyone interested in that should join! I look forward to seeing repeat swappers there!

I am really behind. I plan on making two or more a day starting thanksgiving. Mostly because I can't bring my other two focus projects with me as my friend I stay with is getting them as pressies next year. Then I am taking a break for a few months, maybe do another one in the summer. I wish more people wrote notes with the squares.

I have no idea how I am going to put together yet. I don't really have enough to be able to tell.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All mine are out and I am still waiting for 11 more people to send theirs. I can't wait to put mine together! I currently don't have my computer up and running so I am only able to check my emails about once a month. So if anyone writes and I don't respond that is why!

• 8 months later...

Well, did anyone get their purple blankets finished? I am very embarassed to say.... I just am now getting the ambition to put them together!!! Though, getting them out and reading all those notes has made me want to join another one. Did any of you do the nepolitan swap? I wanted to SO bad but because my computer wasn't up and running I wouldn't have been able to stay in touch with the swappers! Anyway, I would like to see a picture of those done too!

Hubby has woven about half the ends for me. Then I will think about borders and joining. I had picked out one potential border but I wasn't sold on it. It was a lot of work though, and postage :eek so I haven't joined any more.

I also would like to see some finished though!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I hope all of you purple people go and join the new swap.....Cherry Chocolate Square Swap! A new thread has been started for it! It is 2 seven inch squares of pinks and browns! I can't wait to see you all there!!!!

Ldyer.....Hubby wove in ends???? That is awesome! I wish mine would!!

Archived