jelepe75

Purple square swap discussion

I reread the original email and ooops they don't all have to be the same color purple for the whole square....points for reading closely go to me (though its not like its wrong my way either...phew).

I am guessing that I wont have 60 done by the start date so I doubt making too many will be a problem. Although, I am not going to make any for myself, 58 is enough for me lol.

Thanks for the update Jess! I may regret asking this, but what is the limit?

thanks ,Deb

aw man, I've already weenied out! I'm making regular ol' granny squares just to gain some ground on the 60 we need...

there will be a lot of grannies lol. However, I am going to try and branch out some, but with 3 done and 57-77 more to go......

well, I've got some really cool ones made, one is all puff stitches! I'm going to make more like that, but it is just too time consuming to make them all cute and fancy!

I am going to send one plain and one more fancy to each person I think. This is going to be huge!!!

Ok, I am up to 14 done now, yay. Thought I was in the lead, but I am not yet.

BTW feel free to send me ones that have all the tails woven in! I am going to do an edging anyway so the least tails the better.

I have 10 cathedral windows squares and 4 granny squares, and I am going to put it away for the week as soon as I have finished this skein.

I need to get moving! I seem to have no interest in them lately! I will start working on them again tomorrow. I think it is a good idea to give one person a plain and a fancy. To make grannies a little more exciting, I am using different shades of purple. So that way they are not just the same plain square with the same plain color. I made a popcorn stitch and really loved that but it is very time consuming as someone said. I don't care if I get the ones with tails either. I would actually prefer not to b/c I'll be putting a border on then sewing them together. Do these have to be done by the start date? Oct 1st? Or by the end date Dec. 31st? Anyone know? When do we get the addresses? I hope I don't have to send them out the same week. That will cost a fortune! I would like to do a few each week. Crochet on purple square girls!!!

Ok, how do we send two squares to 39 people as cheapest as possible?

Any ideas? Wonder how people did it with past swaps?

thanks, Debbie

uwcheese

Less than 2 weeks until we can send them out!

I plan on just wrapping mine in paper bags. So that way I am also recyling! Plus, it just might be a little lighter weight wise for shipping. Anyone else got any ideas?

I am up to 18 made so far! I think I have a few more days of making them and then they must go away for a week or so while I do some testing.

Hi ladies~~

Just wanted to update that I have 20 of them done. My goal is 60 by the end of October and then will adjust from there. I managed to make quite a few this week as I haven't wanted to really work on anything and these seemed mindless. So far I haven't repeated any patterns but I know I will. There won't be any grannies though because they seem to take longer than some of the other patterns.

Have a great day~~

Soooooo, when do we have to have all the squares made by??? I thought we had until the end of December 2007...... am I right??? I am still not sure how many I have to make, and was planning to spend the re-cuperation after an op. to make mine!!

Jenny

[heavy breathing as if I had just run a marathon] "20.5 [breath breath breath] done". Does that put me in the lead?

I managed to get 8 more done yesterday and planning on working on them again today. :clap 28 done.....how many to go:think

Ok I am entering the race with 12 done. I'm going to try and get ahead tonight at work.

hehe, well I'd better get going! I've been online learning and planning for my new business... I'm going into taxidermy! I'm trying to get registered for a class in november and my mind has been all wrapped up in that for the last few weeks and I haven't been here or even looked at those squares. I sat down tonight and finished up two that were started and I'm working on another, so this is #15. They need to be shipped by dec 31st. I'm just going to buy a box of those plain brown envelopes and tuck them in, I'm not planning on wrapping them in anything. Parcel post is probably how I'll ship, seeing as how priority mail is, oh, I think $4.80 now for the first pound. These squares can't weigh too much... I'm making squares with a back loop stitch that are looking really nice (I think)...

I actually thought of backing out of it, but heck we have several months yet... I can do it!

Squares completed: 8. Just another 72 to go!! Roll on operation when I will have time to sit around and not feel guilty!!!

They look EXCELLENT!!! *Makes mental note to get another shade of purple in her squares*

Those are great! I am plugging away as fast as I can. Do we just mail them as we get them or do we mail to the people we get them from? Has anyone else ever done this before?

Wouldn't have a clue!! Would have thought that the organisers would email us a list of people participating in the swap with their addresses so we can send them off when we've finished. Do we know how many squares we're making yet??????