Dish Washing Thingy

Sonny321

I am reposting some older patterns that I had written and posted in the show and tell thread. Placing them here should make them easier to find.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7747&highlight=Dish+Thingy

Dish Washing Thingy

th_DSCF0004.jpg

Materials needed:

Small amount of Worsted weight yarn

Note: The poofy part is worked along the long side of the piece.

H hook

Plastic handled foam glass washing thing with the foam removed (has a hole where the foam slides out) available for $1 at the dollar store.

chain 5,

Row 1: sc in the 2nd chain from hook and in each chain across, chain 1, turn

Rows 2 - 16 Sc in each sc across, chain 1( do not turn on the last row)

You'll notice if you look at the sides of your piece that there are 8 spaces evenly spaced along the side of your piece that you can easily fit your crochet hook into, these are the spaces that we will be working in to create the poofy part

Row 17(poofy row) slip stitch into the first space I mentioned above along the side, Chain 12 and slip stitch into the same space,* chain 12, slip stitch into the same space and repeat from * 2 more times ( you'll have 4 chain 12 loops in the same space,Slip stitch into the next space, (#) chain 12, slip stitch into the same space, chain 12, slip stitch into the same space (repeat 3 more times) slip stitch into the next space, repeat from (#) across to end. chain 1, turn. You'll have a total of 32 chain 12 loops,

Row 18,On the back side, slip stitch into the same space where you made your chain 12 loops, Make 2 chain 12 loops ( in established pattern) in each of the spaces where you made your chain 12 loops on the previous row, being careful not to get your other loops tangled into the ones you are now making. (You'll add 16 chain 12 loops, making your chain 12 total: 48 loops) fasten off and weave in ends.

Now carefully fan fold the piece( long ways) and stuff the unworked side through the hole at the top of your Glass washing thingy, pull it snug so that you have room to work the other side.

TO work the other side of the poofy thing, attach yarn to the first space along the side and repeat rows 17 and 18,This part will be a bit tricky since there is limited room to manuver your hook, but it can be done. fasten off after row 18 and weave in any ends. Fluff your loops and go wash some glasses :) This is not really removable, but a spin through the dishwasher should freshen it up, if it needs it. Hope you understand this .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That is a neat thingy to have

I love the knitted discloths and the crocheted ones I make

they get the dishes really clean

This thingy you made will really be handy for the glasses and such,:yes

You are very inventive. :yes

Archived