Ripple Bag CAL

miller3602

I got an idea from here to use fishing line. It is almost clear. Mine wasn't invisible, I didn't look too long. And I decided since I'm going to be crocheting with it I got the inexpensive one, that said for 6 lb. It was under $3 for 700 yards. I don't know yet if that will work, but I'm trying it out today.

Debbi

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

th_DSC02283.jpg

th_DSC02281.jpg

Here is my progress so far. I am doing four rows of the main color so the varigated looks better. I have no idea what yarn it is, its a mill end. The cream is a caron pounder, again with no idea which color lol.

Its working up nice so far, IMO.

Wow Debbi your purse came out beautiful. I am on my 5th row and like you I am using RHSS black and grey. I plan on making my strap a little shorter to hit just above the waist line, I am thinking about crocheting the strap with two yarn held together to make it stronger. When you line a crochet item do you stitch up the lining on a machine or by hand. Idyer I love your color combination.

ldyer1 your purse is looking great. I thought of verigated but wasn't sure, your's looks really nice.

Cheeria for the lining, I hand sew it all, I can't really machine sew and to take mine out of the closet, set it up, and if I used a new color I'd have to wind the bobbin... too much work:no . I can sew up the sides (I fold it so the fold is at the bottom of the bag), measure, cut and sew it to the bag in about 30-45 minutes. A lot of time, but not too bad. I think I might get better as I go along... And setting up a machine for me would probably take more time.

For my strap it was way too long and last night I tied the top in a knot. Not sure what I'll do with it, maybe leave it.

I was thinking I might do this bag for my aunt, but maybe in some scrap yarn I have (she loves yard sales and using what you have, frugal type). I like this pattern.

Debbi

Hi Debbi thanks for your response. I will probably hand sew it if I do not feel like setting up the sewing machine. I love pocketbooks. :manyheart It is one of my favorite things to buy now I am making myself one. :hook When I get into the bed to relax I will probably work on it for it has been a busy day for me.

i finished tonight. :yay i love it :manyheart bobby's friend will love it. i'm not going to line it. she is only gonna be six. so why bother. here are pix of my finished purse. the only change i made was to the strap. i didnt feel like changing colors for whole starp i used 2 strands of yarn, one the white and one the purple. and only 3 rows of sc across. pretty sturdy though

101_3948.jpg

101_3947.jpg

101_3953.jpg

Kimmie yours looks great. I think I am going to change the strap too, seems like too much work. Mine is finished other than the strap and I am going to line. I am also going to whipstitch it together probably as I was lazy and carried the yarn up the sides.

:cheer Just stopping by to say hello and to let you know that I am still working on my ripple bag and I am loving crocheting it. If I just had more time in a day I could get more work on it done. :hook Hugs

Yeah, I'm still working on mine, but I haven't worked on it in a couple of days because I've been working on stuff for school. Almost done, though.

:D Your good luck has helped big time!!

I'm have done about 8 rows so far and it is looking good.

I won't tell you I had to start it about 4 time before I got it right. I guess it helps to read the pattern about 4 times.

I put lining in after. I measured it after too. This way I just cut the lining, sewed the side, folded down the top of the lining (sort of pressed it) put it in (didn't turn it out so the seems would be on the inside) and started to sew it. Okay maybe not that fast LOL but that's the basic of what I did. How I like to do it. Un less the bag is different and I need to do it different, depending on the bag.

Debbi

Archived