Ripple Bag CAL

miller3602

I have to say I am hooked.:hook All your bags are so pretty I have to make one. I have only been crocheting for a month now and I hope I can read the pattern. I hope I can come to ya'll for help. All of your talk is kind of going over my head but I am going to give it a shot. Here is too good luck and patience.:faint

ldyer1 - your bag was beautiful. :clap

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have used this pattern as a "second pattern" with the teens I work with. They first make something simple, a dishcloth or a scarf, then something a little bigger, and then a blanket (*if they choose). So as long as you can do sc, then the increase and decrease is easy. Don't forget your first and last stitches, if it helps count every row.

I have made 3 myself, I just haven't posted photos of two of them. Maybe I will later.

Ok so I don't feel very bright right now actually very :bang dumb. I finally was able to do the first row on this bag. Finally understood how to dec sc over first two ch.

Now I chained 1 to turn and was starting my row but I noticed that it says to increase when my chain is dec. Does that make sense. My last thingy was a dec and on the pattern in the 2nd row it is a increase. I don't know if I turned wrong but I am pretty sure I didn't turn wrong since my starter yarn is sticking out of the bottom. I am trying not to give up so any help is much appreciated. :thair

I made mine a long time ago... but from the pattern, it looks like the first row should have an inc, and then 4 sc on the end...

because at the end you do

* 3 sc in next ch, sc in next 2 ch **,

then you

sc in next 2 ch; turn.

So you have 4 sc at the end, correct? After the increase of 3 sc?

So in row 2, you

Ch 1, dec over first 2 sc

So you don't have a dc on the first part of the row. Then you have 3 more sc to sc in, then dec.

Did that help? I hope it did... I'm just going from the pattern...

Debbi

I just looked at the pattern and it say rep from * to last 2 ch, end at **; sc in next 2 ch; turn. So I ended with dc and 4 sc. :thair So does that really mean increase then 4 sc. I am sorry I really am trying.

So I end in increase than 4 sc or dec than 4 sc.:scrachin

I just can't wait to get done with these first two rows so I can take off and make this bag.:hook

So much for easy pattern for me.:think

So on the first row I increase than 4 sc and on all other rows increase 4 sc then dec?

Amazingly it is the first row I am stuck on, just the end.:blush

Thanks for helping me out.

Did you continue on? Please do if you haven't. Go ahead and do the next few rows. Let us know how it's going. Maybe you could post a picture if you're having more problems.

Just to clarify if you need it, the second row starts with Ch 1 then dec. Then continue. So the beginning is a dec then the end of the row will be a dec in the last stitches. This keeps the sides even so you don't have a triangle.

Debbi

That is grogeous! I love the colors.

I did line mine. I used a simple botton poly fabric I had (cotton is usually preferred, but it doesn't matter too much). If you need help there are links I can put in here or do a search for "lining" and you will come up with a ton.

Debbi

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I am going to print the instructions. I have a quilt I am currently working on and trying really hard not to have too many WIPs right now.

Such a cute bag, though! Just have to decide on colors!

I'll post when I start!

Archived