Bernat's haven yarn: wrap with sleeves

I am still working on the sweet pea shawl, but am looking to do the Bernat Haven wrap with sleeves in september so it's ready to wear in October. The difficulty level is "easy". Go to http://www.bernat.com/patternbook.php?PBS=542025 Anyone interested in doing a Haven wrap cal? Here's a pic of it. Carey

link_2062.jpg

Is this leaflet already out in stores ? If so, where can I get it maybe in Michael's or Joanne's ? How many skeins in the range of sizes?

Look like the pattern use two strands as it mentioned hook size N/15. I don't use Bernet's Haven yarn before. Should be an interesting project.

I will go for it if someone can host this CAL in September. I will have more time on my hands after Labor Day weekend. Remind me please ?

That is a pretty sweater/wrap...If I can find the pattern booklet I would be interested. It looks like a good Sept. project if the yarn is not too expensive. Today on Herrschners they had haven yarn on sale for 3.97. I will have to look into this project....

those booklets are a hot topic and people all over the us are having trouble to get their hands on them, if anyone needs one to be mailed to them they have them on clearance here for 1.50 i can pick some up. but i bought it for the little knit pullovers, so cute!

Joanne - I went to Marina Del Rey for July 4th fireworks. So fun to be there that night! Cloud levels are so thick and low, fireworks effects look cool while they exploded through the clouds. Kinda of fuzzy and soft look to it.

Hello again, I got out my copy of the booklet for the info. Haven's yarn is a #5 bulky, but I think I'd like to try it in a worsted weight. The haven yarn in too expensive for me. Each ball of haven yarn has 50 grams (no yardage given) and for a large size wrap (bust size 40-42) it takes 13 balls! Yikes! So I am going to look for a different yarn. Reqires size N hook. I purchased the booklet at Michael's but I've seen it at Joannes, Hobby Lobby and a few Superwalmart. I'll be on vacation until Sept. 7th, but I'll take it to the beach with me. Anybody have thoughts on colors? Any thoughts on yarn substitutions? How about the Hobby Lobby's "I love that yarn" ? I want something that will go with alot of things like a mocha color or black. Carey

:c9 Morning everyone, I have read every post in this CAL and I most say I love, love this pattern. I will keep my eyes out for the booklet the next time I am in the yarn shop and maybe I just might join you in making this. :hook

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I am going on vacation until Sept. 7th, but will be starting the wrap when I return. Please feel free to start yours, but this CAL will officially start in September. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for colors and yarn types! Carey

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this is beautiful! My plate is too full to tackle this for this fall, but maybe in spring...? I wish the photo wasn't white on white so I could see more detail. Oh, and by the way, someone needs to make and model one in a 2x. :yes I'm kind of afraid of making a wearable for myself in a pattern that is 'sized up'. I know, I'm a chicken. :blush

Is the yarn called for in this pattern similar in weight to Homespun? I have always thought is would make a gorgeous sweater.

Today, I got the Havenly booklet in mail, thank you to snugsmontreal! I will start on it soon after a massive yarn shopping trip next week. :hook

I also got the Havenly book but I got mine on Ebay! I think I already have enough yarn to make it so I'm ready when everyone else is. I think it's going to be a really pretty sweater.

Kim

I'm back! Woo Hoo! The children went back to school today and I went to the yarn store this morning and bought the most scrumptious yarn! It's Cascade Yarns, Venezia yarn which is 70 % wool and 30% silk. I got it in a chocolate color and am starting my wrap tonight. After I make one for myself, I am making 4 for Christmas presents. I wanted to let everyone know that if you are more of a tight tension person, then you might want to go up a size. My mom is and she was concerned that the one she started might be too tight. Can't wait to see what yarns everyone uses!!

Okay... now that I'm done with some gifts I was making, this is going to be one of my new "to do at work" projects. :hook Ready to get started now. I am going to use some Red Heart Symphony... if I'm not mistaken, it's pretty similar to Haven yarn. Hobby Lobby has Symphony on sale right now for 99 cents. :yay Gonna pick some up after work tomorrow! Not sure what color yet 'til I see it, though. Need just 2+ skeins, so gotta buy 3, but hey, it's only 3 bucks.

So, anyone else working on theirs yet? I've worked about 9" so far on the first 21" piece for the body. :hook

I have my yarn and my pattern but haven't started yet.:blush I got distracted by the new Lion Brand Car Coat pattern and couldn't decide which one to do. I just decided yesterday to make the Bernat pattern! :yes

Does it work up quickly? Any problems with the pattern?

Kim

Archived