No Dye Lot ~ My Eye!!!!

Ok, get this...I started making something using RHSS Spring Green and thought I had enough left on the partial skein that I was using. So I'm humming along making this frog and I doesn't look like I am going to have enough to finish all 4 legs so I go to my stash and get out the RHSS Spring Green and brought it work on my project and :eek !!! It does NOT match!!! So I go and get all my other Spring Greens and NONE of them match!!! So here I am trying to make a frog and I am going to have to make the legs a different color!!!! What happened to the NO DYE LOT!!!!????

Don't you just hate it when that happens!?:(

yup, in the email i got from caron they said that they way the acrylic yarn is being processed is causing a gray tinge to the white yarn, therefore not allowing the dye to be the right color.. and that nearly all companies have been effected.. write Red heart they might send you some free yarn. I got some from caron.

I purchased 6 skeins of the Caron simply soft white to make an afghan. The white was going to alternate with pastel colors and the white Caron simply soft I already had. When I ran out of the white I already had and started with the new skeins there was a major difference in the color of the yarn. I had to end up changing the afghan altogether because of the difference. I did not think of writing Caron about the problem and now I know why the yarn was a different color even though it says No Dye Lot.

Tomorrow I will definately be contacting RH. The new yarn that I have is a darker rather than brighter color. I hope they will do something about it and if they don't at least they will know that there is a problem.

[quote name='losingmymind2']I wanted to purchase 5 skeins of Caron One Pound in off white, and Mom, the ladies at the store, and I had to pick from 10 skeins to get 5 that were a good match.[/quote]

Kathy, even in the Red Heart the White isn't White! Drives me nuts - which is why I usually over-buy for a project.
Hey...I read your post on the Sky CAL...what color van are you driving again? I don't want to get close enough to you to read the license plate
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Yes, I've learned this the hard way...always buy enough for the project, even if the label says No Dye Lot. I've had instances where it's been okay to go back, say, a week later, to get more -- but wait any longer than that, and chances are you're not going to get the same color.

ALL RHSS skeins now have a number code on them - match the code and the colors will match.

Not sure about Caron, but look on the labels for any sort of manufacturing code that differs from label to label and see if any of them match up. That should be a batch code and those skeins should match.

I'm glad you decided to contact redheart, they will make it right. It does seem that all the companies are having problems with the no dye lot, I remember redheart saying something about making sure certain numbers match, but can't remember what.

Thank you so much. I thought I was going nuts. I bought the 1 pounder in the Sky blue, and used a portion of it for a project. I then started another project and needed more yarn. I went to the same store where I purchased the yarn and the same yarn was darker. On a whim I went to another store down the street and their yarn matched. I too learned the hard way, always buy one more skein. I think I will be contacting Caron today and see what they say. Again thanks for this thread. :hook

ALL RHSS skeins now have a number code on them - match the code and the colors will match.

Not sure about Caron, but look on the labels for any sort of manufacturing code that differs from label to label and see if any of them match up. That should be a batch code and those skeins should match.

I was wondering why the labels were saying 'No Dye Lot' but there were numbers on them. Maybe they need to ditch the NDL from the label!

Archived