Kinda fat bottom bag

MandahGirly

Here's my very first bag! It;s cute and I plan on taking it out tomorrow! I used Cotton Fleece yarn and lined it with some fabric I picked up at A.C Moore. The lining part is definitely not my favorite part. Hope you enjoy!

http://fb.xenostarz.com/joestuff/bag1.JPG

http://fb.xenostarz.com/joestuff/bag2.JPG

Fantstic job on your bag. You did a great job on your lining! I think the lining is most crocheters least favorite part!:)

Cuuuute!! Love the color!! Can go with so many different colors of clothing!! The lining is really cool too!! Great job!! (I have about 7 or 8:think FBB just waiting to be lined~~but I just can't get going on the lining:eek )!! Great job!!

Cuuuute!! Love the color!! Can go with so many different colors of clothing!! The lining is really cool too!! Great job!! (I have about 7 or 8:think FBB just waiting to be lined~~but I just can't get going on the lining:eek )!! Great job!!

OH I'm glad I'm not alone in that! :) I have a tote bag I made that is still sitting there in one long rectangle piece waiting to be lined, and also a crochet cable bag that I LOVE but isn't lined...though that's made of RH Super Saver and is stiff enough to probably be okay without lining, but I thinki pens and little things might fall through so I want to line it for the long-term. I even have handles here but NO BAGS b/c they aren't lined.

Do you know if there is a tutorial online on how to line bags? All I know is that I should do it BEFORE I close up the bag so it's easier...and also, is there an easy way to attach the handles? It looks like just going round and round but I'm sure it's not that easy.:P

THANKS!

OH I'm glad I'm not alone in that! :) I have a tote bag I made that is still sitting there in one long rectangle piece waiting to be lined, and also a crochet cable bag that I LOVE but isn't lined...though that's made of RH Super Saver and is stiff enough to probably be okay without lining, but I thinki pens and little things might fall through so I want to line it for the long-term. I even have handles here but NO BAGS b/c they aren't lined.

Do you know if there is a tutorial online on how to line bags? All I know is that I should do it BEFORE I close up the bag so it's easier...and also, is there an easy way to attach the handles? It looks like just going round and round but I'm sure it's not that easy.:P

THANKS!

For the FBB, there is a really nice tutorial with pics. I think this is the address: crochetkel.blogspot.com/2006/sew-you-wanna-line-your-fat-bottom-bag

I love it! Did you use a pattern or did you wing it? By the way, did you say you bought the fabric at ACMoore? The ACMoore in my neck of the woods, doesn't sell fabric. The only place for fabric here on Long Island, NY, is Joanne's or Walmart.

Yes I did buy the fabric at A.C. Moore. It was kinda hidden away in the same aisle as the thread and sewing stuff. I'm in MA so I dunno if only certain A.C. Moore's does it :)

I found the pattern on-line....I can't remember where though, but I know it's called a mini-handled purse. I made it a little bigger by basically doubling the amount of rows

Also the handles are crocheted at the very beginning, instead of a foundation chain, you sc into the handles. I also lined it last because it was easier to just put it inside out. and then attach the liner

Thanks for all your comments! :manyheart

I've been thinking about making one and I may have to make one during one of my road trips.

I made this bag while I was on the bus to Cape Cod from Boston. I think I managed one side on the way there and basically finished it (minus lining) on the way home. It works up really quickly! It's a good gift cuz it's so fast to make especially since you don't have to worry about figuring out how to put the handles on!

Archived