Big Book of Scrap Crochet Afghans on eBay

Selune

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, why ARE people always bidding so high on this book? is it the little hat afghan pattern? i don't get it.

in other news, i won easily today on ebay on a lot of 6 pattern booklets for 3.99. One of them was the Leisure Arts 52 Tunisian Sampler Afghan which I couldn't find anywhere. yaaay!

yeah, why ARE people always bidding so high on this book? is it the little hat afghan pattern? i don't get it.

It does have quite a few very cool patterns. For those of us with a stash :blush, it works out pretty nice. Personally, I can't stand the hat pattern, but there are a bunch more in there that I like. :)

okay...so now y'all have me interested in seeing the little hat pattern lol

p.s. I may have had (or still have) this book somewhere - used to be a time when I got them in the mail on approval and never sent them back.......which is why I donated some to the auction - knowing I'd never had all the time to make everything and some of the books get duplicative....anyhow....off I go to see what I have and don't have, unless you can show me a link to the hat patern....just curious now....ha

I just checked and the winning bid was a little over $43! Oh well, it's just as well that I didn't know about this book. I've already spent my next 4 month's budget on crochet books - this week!!! :rofl Oh well, at least I'm keeping my postlady (:gotmail) and my UPS guy gainfully employed!! :yes

I had bought that book (and still have it) when it first came out. I don't remember what I paid for it, either the regular price or with a coupon. I won't spend more than the list price, will wait, eventually you can find it somewhere for less.

Gee, if I were to put all my books on auction, I would make a whole lot of money. But I am very protective of my books, will not give them up. Does that make me a bookaholic???

LI Roe

I was lucky and found someone selling a copy of that book on eBay for the original asking price ($24.95 I think). Right now there are three copies of it at Half.com, asking prices all just shy of $100. And I've seen it there for as high as $150 (and I think even more)!!

Granted, it's a really nice book, but why would I want to spend the equivalent of my monthly electric bill on one book when I could spend the same amount and get 5 or 6 books. It baffles ...

Geez, I had no idea. A friend of mine sold me their copy for $10 last year. I like some of the projects, but havent made any yet. I certainly didnt think any of the patterns worth $150! Yikes!

Archived