Goody bag at Goodwill!

siminsc

I picked up what I thought was just a bag of yarn at Goodwill. Nope. There was a whole lot more in it. A old booklet with knit and crochet patterns for babies and toddlers, a crochet hook (G), several round knitting needles, a whole bunch of cable holders, stitch markers and something someone had started still on another set of round needles plus two sleeves someone had knitted. It was different colors and kinds of yarn. Definitedly usuable in projects I have planned. I love when I discover stuff like that. I've been telling myself No More Yarn since I already have enough to last me the next ten years but I couldn't pass up this find!

Oh great find! My Goodwill stores never have anything that good, neither do the garage/yard sales around here. Someday, I will hit one just right and get a good find of my own.

I love those finds! :yay How much did you pay for it?

I once found (at a Goodwill) a small bag that I thought just had one pattern book and one skein of yarn. When I opened it, there were three pattern books plus xeroxes of older patterns ... none of which I had!

Just the other day, I hit a Savers and came out with about 20 crochet booklets (49 cents each) and several bags of yarn on cones for $1.49 each.

Mind you, I didn't need ANY of it but, as you said, who can pass up these things?:lol I go to the thrift stores at least once a week for things I don't need!

It was marked $2.99 but it was 25% off day so about $2.25. There is some rug yarn in it, too, so I'll definitely have a use for that. I want to make some throw rungs. I'm designing some dog sweaters so I'll use some of the yarn in those.

Oh great find! My Goodwill stores never have anything that good, neither do the garage/yard sales around here. Someday, I will hit one just right and get a good find of my own.

you need to find a goodwill located in a neighborhood of old people! thats where i find the best stuff, you can tell when someone that knitted/crochet passed on because all this nice yarn ends up at the goodwill/salvation army

I occasionally find great yarn at the local Goodwills here, but they bag the yarn in packages of three balls/skeins for $4.99. So its really only about a buck or so cheaper than buying it new. I usually only grab it if theres a discontinued brand in the bag, like RH's Jeweltones or DazzleAire or something like that.

Archived