Country Woman Magazine, March/Apr 2007 issue/baby afghan question

walker1021

Question

On page 20 of Country Woman magazine (march/april 2007) there is a pattern for a baby afghan. It calls for WW yarn. Has anyone tried this? Was thinking the WW would be too heavy and thick for a baby afghan. Maybe sport weight? Would that affect the size of the afghan? TIA for any help.

10 answers to this question

Is there a gauge? If there is you can take any yarn you want to use and then keep trying different size hooks until you get the gauge you need, this way you can use the yarn you want and it will stay the size it's supposed to be.

I use WW yarn for baby blankets all the time. now you have to know that Worsted Weight is as Worsted Weight does. :wlol

some WW is quite thick and some is much finer. It is about getting gauge - if you care about the size that much for a blanket. (I don't :eek) :rofl

I second the simply soft if you are going to use WW for a baby blanket. I will mostly use simply soft for any afghan becaue I just love the feel of it and it works up great for me. I did this shell blanket with it and the baby loves it. Mary

2046697160035973728PHfxhf_th.jpg

You did a beautiful job, I love the colors. Was that stitch hard? I think I am now going to have to search out a back issue of that magazine because I love that pattern. Mary

Thanks for the compliment. The baby's room is going to be done in Care Bears. Figured the orange would go with the theme.

The cluster stitch was not hard at all. Once I got the first row of them done, it was real easy to do. If you cannot find a back issue, PM me and I will mail you the magazine. I could do this pattern from memory now. I is all sc except for the spiked cluster stitch.

Archived