Baby Oh Baby

cluless

I received this email from Quirkyvirgo,

Hello -

I saw your post regarding August charity donations. I work with a local prenatal clinic here in OK that treats pregnant women with little income and no health insurance, including Medicaid or Medicare. These women have nothing and we try to provide them with everything we can. There is a huge need for blankets, toys, clothing, pretty much anything. Please let me know if this would be an alternate option for August. I can take the things personally to the agency.

Thanks,

Tandi

Rather than wait until the August Blitz, which already has an assigned charity, I thought that everyone could start sending stuff NOW and continue for as long as.....

Anyhow, I'm in Tandi. Please PM me with your addy.

Thanks so much. I have PMd my address to everyone. Any items you can donate will be greatly appreciated. This program is just a small component of a large clinic for low income patients with no health insurance and most of the clinic's budget goes to basic equipment and services so there is no budget for needed items like this. I really appreciate your help!

The clinic's website is http://www.healthforfriends.com. Looks like it is under construction right now but it should be back up and running soon.

Tandi-

Would crochet edged fleece blankies be OK? I just ordered a bunch of fleece and an edgery doo and I think the blankies look great. http://www.edgerydoo.com/photogallery.html. What do you think?

I'll also make some diaper shirts.

Those are so cute! That would be perfect. We also have a local quilter's guild that donated quilts a few times a year but it isn't enough for each mom to have a hand made blanket before she delivers.

Those are so cute! That would be perfect. We also have a local quilter's guild that donated quilts a few times a year but it isn't enough for each mom to have a hand made blanket before she delivers.

Quantity is always the problem when it comes to full-size newborn items. I can probably crochet 1-2 newborn blankets a month, but I'm hoping with the magic of edgery-doo...I can dooo...more. (If I dont stab myself with the awl and bleed to death)...LOL

I'm hoping with the magic of edgery-doo...I can dooo...more. (If I dont stab myself with the awl and bleed to death)...LOL

oh please wear those gloves that guys use when they filet fish..those hands do too much good to stab and bleeding to death is not an option..you have too many Blitz months coming up :devil

• 4 weeks later...

Tandi,

I have shirts and blankies for you. I'll mail them Monday. Pics coming soon.

(clicky clicky to make biggie biggie)

th_shirts.jpg

Guess who got a new toy. I've been having fun playing with my edgerydoo. I just love how the blankies come out.

These were 12 inch squares

th_blankie2.jpg

These were 1 piece guys

th_blankie1.jpg

That looks like fun, is your blankie double or just single?? I was going to pm you and ask you if you like the Edgerydoo but guess I don't have too..

What size did you order....I am thinking of the corner and 8"???

Thanks so much, everyone, for the hard work! :clap

Cherri's 5 blankets arrived a while ago and I have some really good pics of them to share as soon as I get them converted. The blankets are beautiful, I can't wait to share them with everyone.

Christen - I pm'd you my mailing address.

Carol - Your Edgery Doo blankets look great! Those quilts are so cute! And I love the little shirts you've made.

Thanks again for taking the time to donate to this great clinic!

That looks like fun, is your blankie double or just single?? I was going to pm you and ask you if you like the Edgerydoo but guess I don't have too..

What size did you order....I am thinking of the corner and 8"???

Double? Single? :think

I was quite the edgerydoo piggy :pig, I got corner, 6 and 12 inch. Haven't made a blankie with the 6 incher yet though.

This looks like a great idea! I'm in the middle of moving right now, but I would like to help in a month or two when I get settled. I'll keep this charity in mind. :) Thanks for posting!

Victoria

Thanks Victoria! Good luck with the move.

Cluless...where did you get the pattern for the baby sweaters? I'm helping out the NICU where my great nephew is (in NYC) and it's a 50 bed unit that can always use things.

Cluless...where did you get the pattern for the baby sweaters? I'm helping out the NICU where my great nephew is (in NYC) and it's a 50 bed unit that can always use things.

Judiane, its from Bev's Country Cottage. Here's the link. Its a great pattern, NO sewing and it makes up in just over an hour. Have fun.

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/baby-shirt.html The first batch I made with one set of ties at the neck, now I'm making them with two sets of ties, I think that is working out better.

Christen - I got your six little hats in the mail. They are so cute! Thanks so much.

Carol, your giant box came in today. Thank you Thank you! I love the fleece blankies. I've been putting off getting the Edgery Doo because all I need is one more yarn related gadget but those are too cute! And the shirts are just great.

Thanks again, guys! I really appreciate everything you have all done.

I got an email from a lady in my local knitting group who said she and her mom have been making baby blankets in their spare time and they have accumulated six large trash bags of blankets and matching pillows! I told her I would take them to the clinic.

You guys are the best. Pics to come soon, I promise.

I have an edgery-doo too and I still have not even made the 'board' thingie I need to start punching ! I wish it had come with one. =)

Bev

Bev,

I was never able to find the stuff for the peircing pad so I'm just using some styrofoam stuff topped with layers of cardboard. I've got the "Junk" stacked thick enough so that I don't go through to the dining room table. Works fine. I just toss the cardboard when its gets chewed up.

Archived