need afghan suggestions

Charm

Question

i have some bright green yarn that i want to use in an afghan for someone (its their fav color) but i dont like the color at all so im having a hard time

getting the creative juices flowing. what patterns do you think would look good in easter/shamrock/crayon green ? :lol (anything but gran squares)

i dont know why, but the color bothers me so much i cant even figure out what other color to use with it!

ok now that everyone thinks im crazy :eek

.. any suggestions?

8 answers to this question

Gray could tone down the green. I mixed gray and hot pink and I loved the combination. What about a ripple with other colors or even other shades of green? Or do the "Van Gogh" technique with other greens and white?

Doesn't matter what pattern you use, it won't make you like the color any better.

You need to add another color or two to it to 'cut' the intensity.

Neutrals are always good; white, cream, tan, beige, black, grey.

Depending on the shade you have, various pinks, purples, blues, reds, yellows, and other greens go pretty well with it.

Look at this color schemer and try to figure it out from there. Click the color like your yarn, then click under the wheel, mono, contrast, triad, tetrad, analogic. You'll get three other colors that go with your main one on each click.

http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html

You might then choose a ripple pattern and here's a stripe generator for that:

http://www.kissyourshadow.com/stripe_maker.php

You can pick how many rows you want for each color, they don't even have to be the same. If you don't like the result, hit refresh until you do get one you like.

Just my thoughts.

:)

Archived