Coupon questions (A.C. Moore and JoAnn's)

CraftyShannon

I know that A.C. Moore still sends out their online coupons every Sunday. I haven't noticed a coupon or a ad in the newspaper in a month or two. Do they still do ads in the paper? We used to get the ads in Wednesday's paper, then it moved to Sundays, and now we don't get them at all. Our newspaper sometimes "forgets" to put all the sales flyers in the paper, so that's why I'm asking.

On the same note, does Joann's still do the online coupons? I know I very, very, very rarely go anymore, but the few times I went, I used to use the online coupon. I was just wondering if I got taken off their list since I don't go very often or if they stopped giving those too.

I miss all the coupons. It was easier for me to shop those stores with the online coupon, then take the "real" coupon to Micheal's.

JoAnn's has lessened the amount of online and also in the mail - they are doing it every two weeks or so. Also, with JoAnn's, if you don't use them, your name gets removed from the list very quickly!

I still get the AC Moore Ads in the paper, I think its Saturday. They used to also have one hidden in the Friday paper regular part, but I quit looking for that one - I just print the online ones.

Used my last online Joann coupon Wednesday - expired Wednesday, haven't gotten a new one yet. They handed me some coupons when I was in the store but they aren't good for a couple of weeks, Hope I don't throw them away by then

Both Michael's and A.C.Moore have ads in our Sunday paper.... but not every week. I get Joann's coupons in the mail, and they are usually good for about 2 weeks. All three of the stores accept each other's coupons. However, Michael's will not accept other store's coupons you print yourself from an e-mail.

Depending on who is on the register, Joann's will sometimes let you use 2 coupons (for 2 different things) at one time. Michael's never does.

If you are not getting the ads with your Sunday paper, I would call and complain! My newspaper delivery person actually delivers the Sunday ads on Saturday.

Joan

Well, in my neck of the woods we get our AC Moore ads on Wednesday. Only lately I haven't been seeing them in the paper like usual. I usually print mine online. Michael's....well they are another story. I very rarely get an ad in the Sunday paper. As for Joannes...I still get my coupon via the mailed flyer.

Thanks for the info. I'll resign up for the JoAnn's coupon and try to go just often enough to use them. That's what I do with the regular coupon. Last time I was there, I was careful enough to have them scan my mailer, so that's why I'm still getting that one.

I know I look at the newspaper every day and have only seen the A.C. Moore coupon once in 2 or 3 months. Many of the stores that have coupons in the paper are well aware of the problems the paper has with the coupons. Michael's has given the 40 off for years if you ask because they were the first store the newspaper messed up. Now Walgreens has a sign telling you to report it if you didn't get a mailer. I can understand the paper messing up every now and then, but apparently it's turning into a weekly thing with a bunch of ads. Last time we complained to the newspaper, we had to request the delivery guy put our paper in plastic when it rains because we were getting fed up with paying, yet receiving it soaking wet most of the time. Now, anytime there is a chance of rain, he will put in in a plastic baggie.

Just as an fyi...(yes I have an ACMoore less than a mile from my house...very dangerous situation:D ) According to one of the girls I know fairly well...the company just isn't sending out enough paper fliers w/coupons for some areas anymore (here we used to get them every sunday...then thursday, now not at all). She suggests you go online and comment that you want them back or complain at the lack to try to get them to print/send more.

Although in all honesty I get at least one extra coupon a week by getting them via email:hook .

Also I get at least one JoAnn coupon a week via email and I have yet to use one...no stores nearby and I never see much online I like (ie. if I stop at ac moore I find the same cheaper or something better...)

Depending on who is on the register, Joann's will sometimes let you use 2 coupons (for 2 different things) at one time. Michael's never does.

The Jo-Ann company policy is that as long as all the coupons are DIFFERENT, with different bar codes, you can use mutilples in a transaction.

So, theoretically, you could use, all in one transaction:

1 flyer coupon (this is the only one where you can't use two... you can use yours, or Aunt Margaret's, but not both, even though the bar codes are different -- they are considered the same coupon)

1 newspaper coupon

1 AC Moore coupon (as long as it's on something both stores sell -- no fabric)

1 Michaels coupon (see AC Moore note above)

1 e-mail coupon

1 special event coupon (firefly frenzy item coupon, notions coupon, or whatever)

Any store that is telling you differently is not following corporate policy, and they need to review said policy in their documentation. I work in one of the MOST anal-retentive stores in the company when it comes to policy. We follow them to the letter. :D Heck, we TRAIN other store managers in our store.

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot to check back here for a while. Thanks Jenn for the news about A.C. Moore. Since I wrote the first time, I think we've gotten one flyer in the paper. We used to get them weekly too. I think I will go online and complain. I noticed the actual ad was smaller the last time, so I wondered if they cut down on coupons in order to save money.

I resigned up for the JoAnn e-mail coupons after everyone said they still got them. I've yet to get one though.

I get the AC Moore and Joann's coupons in email. AC Moore has a 50% off coupon on Tuesdays. I finally created a stupid login on the Michael's website, and never received anything in email. Most of the time they don't even bother to post their ad online.

I'm confused by the Joann's policy. Do they accept competitors' coupons? Does that include percent off coupon? I've never been there because their online yarn is expensive.

Yes, Joann's will accept competitors's coupons as long as they aren't printed off of the computer. They will only let you use the coupon on something found in both stores.

For example, say you have a coupon from the newspaper from Michael's. Joann's will accept it on yarn because both stores carry yarn. Joann's would not let you use the same coupon for fabric because Michael's doesn't sell that.

I have used a Hobby Lobby coupon on fabric at JoAnn's. Trust me, I had to argue with the clerk they had to take it because both stores do carry fabric. Pretty much anything at Hobby Lobby can be found at Joann's so you should be able to use coupons for anything there.

Hope that helps.

I'm confused by the Joann's policy. Do they accept competitors' coupons? Does that include percent off coupon?

if you go back a page in the responses, I did address this in detail. :D

Archived