63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

OH MY GOD , OH MY GOD! :clapI'm done with the squares.Now I'm gonna start the edging.I am so excited to see this finished. I put them together as I went and it is not put together as in the photo but it looks great.:cheer I want to make another one but in different colors. I made this one in the same colors. :hook

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope I am not to late to start this venture. I just got back from Wal mart and got the book for around $3 I chose sage(green) beige and cream. I might just do 2 of these at the same time and do the other in mixed colors to use some of my stash. I also am going to do something daring and do my boarders in black. Just to be different. :eek I have an idea to keep one and give the other away:think So I have a date with my hook, my hubby, and a John Wayne flick! So away I go:hook

YAYYYY ....:clap I finally finished my afghan and it turned out beautiful! I :manyheart it . I like it so much I am ready to start another one but in diferent colors. :hook Oh man this was so much fun. Thanks for the invitation to join.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/irikel3/MyPicture001.jpg here's a picture of it!

Thank you Donna for your tutorial about that trinity stitch square. It was making no sense to me until I found that and then after reading it I I wanted to hit myself over the head. LOL. :manyheart

Im working on #6 now ladies. Im hoping to be up the #10 by the weekend if not over.

I also update my pics. I may end up remaking a couple of these squares now that I look at them from a different perspective.

:yay Today I will have my top row finished. I am working across the rows and stitching the sq. together right away. I was doing 2 at a time but that was confusing me. So I am sticking to one for now.:lol I did get a blog over at yahoo360 my user name there is larryjimmie So stop by and see what I am doing and tomorrow I will have a photo of my first row up. Hopefully.;)

Uh-oh I bought the book.... but definitely cannot focus/join on it until after the holidays too much to do before then. (that is of course if I can stick to what I just said... :lol)

:frog

Hi Everyone,

I have just got my book for this crochet along and I am very excited about getting started on it. I know that everyone is already started and ahead of me. I will never get caught up with everyone else, but I will try too. Looking forward to the ones that have different stitches that I have never done before...

I hope it don't take me to long to do this afghan. The others look great!

Hope mine looks good too

Tigger

Oh! Can I join this group too. I will do the afghan in different shades of greens.

:cheer:clap:think:yay:devil:D:lol:flower:rose:jack:bounce

Tigger,

I think you can easily catch up. I only started 2 weeks ago and Im already getting ready to start #11. If I sat and did some everynight, I would be well past that. We are happy to have you!

Cant wait to see your colors!

Hooray for you, Natasha! :cheer It looks great!

I started mine so long ago and then put mine down to crochet other things and haven't picked it up again. I'm having a tough time picking it back up. I feel like that thing is stalking me. :eek;) I need motivation and your pic helped me out a bit. Thanks! :)

Comeon Gina, GO GO GO...YOU CAN DO IT .!! Wanna take a peek at mine ??

http://360.yahoo.com/irikel2

Hooray for you, Natasha! :cheer It looks great!

I started mine so long ago and then put mine down to crochet other things and haven't picked it up again. I'm having a tough time picking it back up. I feel like that thing is stalking me. :eek;) I need motivation and your pic helped me out a bit. Thanks! :)

:lol Thanks for cheering me on! I love how yours turned out! Ok....tomorrow (actually today) I promise to complete one square. Then we'll go from there.

Comeon Gina, GO GO GO...YOU CAN DO IT .!! Wanna take a peek at mine ??

http://360.yahoo.com/irikel2

Hi Lynn! (Funny, I just posted to you about your ripple!) I admire how you are actually finishing up the alongs you join. I'm in a few and there are all ongoing WIP's. I'm trying to finish them all up before Christmas.

Anyhow....welcome to the 63 squares CAL....what colors are you going to be using? I'm making mine in white, soft navy, and country blue. I have a whopping 4 squares completed :lol, numbers 21, 16, 15, 34, (a few more if you count the ones in the other color I was going to do this in but changed my mind) and I have 2 squares in progress that I had quit working on and I can't remember which ones they are!!!! :eek They are both half finished. I wonder if I can pic up where I left off. Only problem is that I don't even know what hook I was using. :blush

I've been thinking about it and I think the biggest block I have in completing this project is guage. *sigh*

When I'm finished reading the boards I'm off to complete my one square for today. I'll check back in later.

Yoo hoo...anybody out there????? :lol

Gina checking in here to say that I not only finished one square, but TWO! Of course I finished them yesterday (as promised) but I'm just now checking in. I now have a 'whopping' 6 squares! I only took a pic of four as I decided that I'm going to work in rows. I'm currently working on vertical row 4 (starting with #62). I have squares 2, 21, 15, 62 done so far. In the pic below the two squares on the right need help. Apparently, last time I worked on this I edged the top one in the wrong color (Hmmm....what was I thinking??? :think) I got tired of edging so I didn't finish the bottom one either. Tomorrow is another day....

2005_11_04_63CAL.jpg

Well, there you have it. I hope to do one more square tomorrow (ehh...errr...today ;)).

Now we have some 'serious' business to talk about here...

Have you checked in on the 63 Wannabe Club lately? They are kicking our you-know-whats people! You can't tell me everyone that signed up for this CAL has finished it, have they? Where is everyone? C'mon....let's get movin'!!!!

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Gina, I really like the blues you're using. :cheer You go!

Yeah, people -- you can't let the Wannabes beat ya, LOL. I did read the Wannabe thread but never posted there, because I never actually put this project aside...I worked faithfully on it for four-and-a-half months.

• 2 weeks later...

There you go!! Keep it up.

Yoo hoo...anybody out there????? :lol

Gina checking in here to say that I not only finished one square, but TWO! Of course I finished them yesterday (as promised) but I'm just now checking in. I now have a 'whopping' 6 squares! I only took a pic of four as I decided that I'm going to work in rows. I'm currently working on vertical row 4 (starting with #62). I have squares 2, 21, 15, 62 done so far. In the pic below the two squares on the right need help. Apparently, last time I worked on this I edged the top one in the wrong color (Hmmm....what was I thinking??? :think) I got tired of edging so I didn't finish the bottom one either. Tomorrow is another day....

2005_11_04_63CAL.jpg

Well, there you have it. I hope to do one more square tomorrow (ehh...errr...today ;)).

Now we have some 'serious' business to talk about here...

Have you checked in on the 63 Wannabe Club lately? They are kicking our you-know-whats people! You can't tell me everyone that signed up for this CAL has finished it, have they? Where is everyone? C'mon....let's get movin'!!!!

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Okay I am bad, I am a dropout, but I want to change my ways and get back to my squares. There is only one problem, the yarn I originally bought I ended up using for another project. I want to pick some up today at lunch but I do not have my book. Can someone tell me the amounts of yarn in each color that I need? I tried to access the page Donna put up, but the link is dead. Please help!

I just started this afghan today for my sister and her fiance as a wedding gift. I'm doing mine in Dk. Country Blue, Autumn Red, and Off-White in Caron's Simply Soft.

So far, I've finished two squares~~#1 and #21. Is anyone else thinking of using a different joining technique than what the book calls for? :think I'm thinking of using a lattice-type joining instead of sewing the squares together.

Now to find those little circle stickers and label the squares.....

Joann's has the Caron one pounders on sale for $4 each so I got enough to start mine today :) I decided to go with more muted colors, off white, ecru, and light sage. I think getting the supplies counts for 1% on my progress bar...lol.

Hi Melissa

Your colors sound very pretty ! And I think a different joining method would be fine ! I just started Crochet-Dude's Monet afghan today and he uses a braided -type joining method for it. It looks pretty easy to do and very lacey-looking .

When is the wedding day ? Just wondered how long you have to finish ?

Archived