63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

- Leigha

63 sqare afghan was my very first afghan too. :) Joining went faster than I thought. I joined the squares whenever I can find time to do so mostly in the daytime taking care of my 3 yr-old (he is now 4 :)) ), and I finished it on my 4th day!

:cheer2 :cheer2 :cheer2 to all!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donna - I just wanted you to know you were a lifesaver on how to do the trinity stitch, your tutorial was excellent.:ty

I haven't crocheted in years. I have two boys ages 15 and 16 years and they wrestle and have junior Olympic weight lifting meets. If any of you have gone to these you know how much time lapses between their competitions.:zzz

So I was at Michael's looking for something to do during the down time. I picked up the 63 square book, thinking this should keep me entertained. So, i get my first 5 blocks done and I attempt to start #6 - Drove me crazy:loco It just would'nt work or my brain wouldn't. So after a week of just letting it sit I did a google search and your tutorial was the first thing on the list. I was so glad to know that I wasn't the only one having problems with this stitch. Just wanted you to know, I made this block today it came out nice, so on to block #7. So once again Thank You. I'm sure I will need help with other stitches. So glad I found this site.

Michelle

I have FINISHED all of the squares!

I'm kinda surprised at how fast the last few went...I think I was in such a fever to get them done that they practically flew off the hook. I'm currently in the process of joining them, and even that is going pretty darn fast (I managed to get two rows done and joined together last night, even down to weaving in the ends on the joins!) I can't wait to get this thing finished so that I can take a picture of it and show you guys!

I'm thinking of doing a pillow out of the leftover yarn to match the afghan, but my hands are starting to complain about all of the crochet. :)

Angela, I'm glad you're joining us! :woohoo I've added you to the list.

Thank you, Michelle! I'm glad the tutorial helped you! :cloud9 I've added you to the list, too. :thumbsup

Yay, Leigha! :cheer2 :cheer2 Hooray for completing the squares! I bet you're excited! :hyper

Scarily, the joining is going super fast...I've already got four columns joined individually, and then I've joined THOSE four together. SO basically, I have three columns to join together and then to add to the body of the afghan.

This joining thing scared me at first, but it's so easy once you get into it! I'm hoping to get the entire thing finished over the weekend so that I can start concentrating on my sister's wedding, which is in two weeks and will be held in my home!

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifIf any of you, when you are done with your sampler afghan, would like to sell your book, I'd be interested in buying it. Please send me an IM (click on my name in the left margin) if you are interested. I generally don't check this thread as I'm not involved with it. ;)

:ty

The afghan is DONE!

afghan.jpg

The colors aren't coming out properly in the picture, of course, but I used Red Heart Aran, Dark Plum and Medium Plum. Even after a good washing, the afghan is still in one peice. :)

Thank you, Leigha! It's in the gallery now! :cloud9 :cheer2

Okay, you guys probably think I'm a real goob, constantly asking if I can put your photos in the gallery. :D! But, technically, I have to ask because your photos are copyrighted to you. :yes So bear with me, cuz I'm goin' by the book. :read :P

I have had this book for ages but never had the guts to try it. Well with so many of you doing this and so many finished maybe it is time to try it. Only have one, yes I said one, project going at this time.

So as soon as I get the yarn. Ill have to decide on a color and then pray Walmart has it. For some reason the two Walmarts near me just dont have many colors to choice from.

I love some of the web pages you all have set up for yours they look as good as the squares I have seen.

I am terrible at guages so this is going to be a learning experience and may take a while.

You and me both Rebecca. These new gals are putting us to shame.

After Christmas :hsanta , I need to go full tilt on this again. I'm going nuts :time with presents right now.

:t-dance I just had to use him once. haha

I don't know if I would have finished it so fast if I weren't so pregnant...it's easier to sit and crochet than to do anything else in the house. Crochet is one of the few things the big belly doesn't get in the way of!

Got my yarn. It is pretty close to the colors the leaflet picture is. Just not enough yarn to choice from now days. Ran into 4 people looking for yarn and complaining about the lack of color choices in Jackson MS. :(

Set up a picture album too and added it to my blog. So all I have to do it get started. :crochet

Guest dlyons98

hello im new i found the book at walmart and decided to try it i have never done anything this big before. I really want it to look good and I have no idea what most of it means. I just finished #8 and I cant figure out how to do #9. i was so excited when i found this site!!! any help would be very appreciated.

Archived