Bag Along

Guest wolfs1love

BAG ALONG BAG ALONG!!

I was reading this thread last night and got really excited.

I knew I wanted to join, but couldn't decide which bag to make (so many bags, so little time!).

I had an idea for one just before I fell asleep, and whipped up a design for it on my lunch break! I don't have anything to show for it yet (I'm still at work) but I just wanted to let everyone know.

I'll be buying the wool after work. I'm so excited, I'm pretty sure I won't take long to post something to look at!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*ooos and ahs at everything* Can I join in? I found this bag last night while I was looking for glove patterns (go figure): http://www.marloscrochetcorner.com/Plastic%20Bag%20tote.html I think its the work of someone on here but for the life of me cant remember who. I may start attempting it tonight after work. I have enough bags floating around my room to do it!

*ooos and ahs at everything* Can I join in? I found this bag last night while I was looking for glove patterns (go figure): http://www.marloscrochetcorner.com/Plastic%20Bag%20tote.html I think its the work of someone on here but for the life of me cant remember who. I may start attempting it tonight after work. I have enough bags floating around my room to do it!

I don't know who posted that plastic-bag bag, but I love it! We're going to be camping at the beach next week, and I've been worried about bringing a crochet project along because of the sand factor, but problem solved! I just need to find enough plastic bags...

i am almost to point of felting bag-

i am using patons pattern book knit and crochet felting- 500210DD

the wool i am using is brown sheep lambs pride-

i had asked question on felt thread-i decided to not add more rows and just follow pattern as is-the drawstrink bag is small-

for my next bag i will make a bigger one-i still have 4 skeins of lambs pride left-

joanne

The bag has one row done! I started it lastnight thinking I could get a few rows done before bed but never managed it. It's pretty hard on my wrists tugging the plastic through.

Good luck on your plasticbag if you decide to make one magdiego!

WOW Natalie its looking great! I made a handbag yesterday but want something special for the bag along......so still deciding! lol...I love black and red....Cant wait to see the finished product!:clap

When I first read this, I got excited that someone else wanted to crochet with plastic bags. :clap However, that is not what was meant and I'm looking at my cut up plastic bags and lonely crochet hook, now. What if I make a bag from bags? :think:hook

lookin' good, jpr54_! :cheer

Can't wait to see the finished result!

I started felting my bag the other night. I've never hand felted something this big, so I guess it's going to take a couple of sessions!

Hopefully will have updates by the end of the week.

Well, I have posted pre-felted pics of my bag on my blog now (I actually have finished the felting but due to "technical difficulties", no pictures of the FO).

And for your extra viewing pleasure, I have also whipped up AJ's wirstbag, but a felted version. No before pics I'm afraid, because I needed to make it in 2 evenings. That mean one for crocheting and the other for felting... No time to take any in progress pictures

• 3 weeks later...

Anytime is a good time to join sleevelessinsu!

Okay sooooo I finally started my bag.... Im winging it....no pattern. I couldnt find anything that "spoke" to me....

I do have the bottom done and began the sides. Im working it in rounds. I dont think I will be using premade handles....I gotta wait and see where this thing wants to go I guess.

I am using autumn-y colors ( browns, oranges, and greens)... I think I will have to line it so diggin thru my fabric stash tomorrow, or rather today , later!

Hope to post pics of finished project soon!:eek

I'm done.....This is Gaia....my experimental bag!

Was fun!

fullpurse001.jpg

bottomofpurse001.jpg

sidepurse001.jpg

I am going to line it. I know its funky but I love it! I used all types of yarn and threads. I hope you all like it as much as I do! If not thats okay too, I still heart it! :manyheart

Thanx for looking!:hook

Sheesh, it looks like I caught the tail-end again!! I just got the bag along button on my blog and here it turns out that it was started like way back when....lol. Oh well, I am going to make a bag no matter what on top of the squares, the dish towel topper exchange of another group I belong to....all this and trying to keep up on my blog, C'ville, my daughter, cats, and fish. Did I forget something??? Oh yeah, my DH! LOL

Melannie

Thanks Craftycritter! Gaia is beautiful! Wow. I love it. I do a lot of free form crochet, it's fun, isn't it?

I'm working on a couple bags, one shaped like a lady bug for my daughter and one for Looby Lu's July Month of Softies, the theme is sock monkeys. I'll post pics as soon as they're done. :)

Thanx Heather and Veronika! I enjoyed freeform so much. No rules to follow , you know? Just go with the flow!

I can't wait to see what you guys make!!! :hook

I forgot, I did make a little bag for a hostess gift for a friend who invited me to dinner over the weekend. You can see it on her blog here: (Click it for a close-up and there's a pic of me too if you scroll down)

http://neena.typepad.com/my_weblog/2005/07/hostess_with_th.html

Don't worry about starting late. I'm still only halfway done with my bag from the bag-a-long. It's one of those projects I'm going to jump on as soon as this darn afghan is finished!

Archived