Bag Along

Guest wolfs1love

Guest wolfs1love

ok so here we are going to do this....its a bag crochet along!

this is a chance for you to make the bag of your dreams...

i know that i cant wait!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in! I have asked the admins to move the post with the bag-button over to here, so that we could have an icon to use on blogs, etc.

Obviously you don't have to use it if you don't want to, but it is there if you do want to!

I'm psyched about this, and have already started my bag!

Here are the buttons, made by Michelle, cleaned up by me, that Michelle would like to contribute to the bag crochet along. :thumbsup

bagalong.gif

The above button is transparent and will look great on any background except black. If you happen to have a black or really, really dark background, here's another version:

bagalong2.gif

Just my two cents :2 I like the name Bag Along... cute, like tag along. Melinda, can we call this just the Bag Along instead of the Bag Lady Crochet Along? :thinking1 Bag lady kind of makes me think of frumpy things... and it would be nice if this CAL inspired some lovely and elegant bags!

Okay, I'm in. Well, I've been in. :lol I worked on my bag this weekend already. It's the Tri-Pocket Tote from the special crochet insert in the Spring 2004 issue of Interweave Knits. Maryse made one and she has some posts about it in her April blog archives. I started this bag weeks and weeks ago, and haven't touched it since. This CAL has inspired me to pick it back up! :bigsmile

Let me know when we start. I have to decide which bag to do and get the yarn for it this week (It's my birthday week, so I get a discount at the yarn shop!).

I'm choosing a bag from the site below. I'm down to 5 want-to-dos. I want to pick something that doesn't compete with the knitted bags :knit I plan to start later this month (french market and square bottom tote), so I'm thinking shoulder bag :idea or small tote.

Crocheted Bags

My Crochet Blog

I recently acquired this beautiful cotton/rayon blend yarn from Over the Rainbow yarns on Ebay.

rayoncottonpurseyarn.jpg

I would say it's bulky/chunky weight with a similar texture to Lion Brand homespun. This poor skein of yarn really, really wants to be made into a purse. It's hooked up with this pair of circle bamboo purse handles that also want to be made into a purse. Does anyone know of a pattern that would effectively combine these poor, lonely things into a beautiful purse so that I can put Michelle's awesome button on my blog?

Thank you Rebecca!!! :cloud9 :yay

That purse is perfect!! :) :woohoo

As far as the Hancock pattern, if you have the pattern number from the sheet, you can post that and I'll try to look for it at my Hancock store. If there's not a link somewhere, you can't post a picture of the pattern itself, even though it's free (copyright thingy). :)

I'm printing out the Joann pattern right now. :)

sagebag.jpg

here it is so far - the color is fairly accurate. what do you think?

anyone else up for a show-and-tell???

quick question - hmmm... thinking about the finished product - i'm really wanting it to hold it's shape - and i'm thinking that after i have items in it.... it'll get weighed down and saggy (because the top is so much wider than the bottom) i guess what i mean by saggy is that i'm afraid the top will lose it's oval shape.....hmmmm???? maybe a small boning sewn into bias tape and stitched on the underneath of the lining??? probably should do that to the bottom, too?????

what do you all think?

Oooh, I think I have decided to join you ladies! :woohoo Yay, my first CAL!!! Now, on to choose a pattern.... or maybe I will figure out that bag I have sitting in the back of my brain.....:bounce

I figured it out, I am going to do a mini version of my duffle bag idea to work the kinks out:pig

Guest liz156

I'm in. I have this yarn thats been kicking around waiting to do something with. I also have some bamboo handles around somewhere.

No pattern for me tho! :wink I can do it myself!!

I've got mine done, but I will have to post the picture over the weekend (here and my blog)--I'm off to a meeting today :zzz

I want to post the link to the free pattern I "adapted" but I cant find it right now. It's from a site like "daryce" or something, and the pattern says courtesy of Lion Brand on it, but I can't find it on their site. I'll keep looking....

I'm gonna make another couple bags too, because I got some extra handles, and then there's all the cool links that you guys have been posting.

BTW, I am still gonna make the gallery--I promise I will have it ready (though not beautiful) by Tuesday.:camera

Bought some skeins of Stone Mountain cotton/acrylic blend yesterday in a nubbly teal. Am moving right along on my summer sling. I have nearly finished one side of the bag.

I would like to make another using a beige and white, but maybe something different with some of those cool handles. We'll see. In any case, I've never made a purse before, so good for a bag-along!

Stephanie

My progress so far. The photo shows the one side folded in half (only way to scan it). If anybody can tell me how to change the size of a photo here so that it doesn't take up so much space, please let me know! 62473889.jpg

I started my bag last night, it is a mini duffle. The ends are two circular peices (per end) that are connected to cover cd's to give the ends rigidity. The second one is almost done. It's in three colors of cotton, blue green and orange. I am not sure how I will do the closer or if I want one or two handles yet, but I have time to figure that out!:knit (we need one of these with a crochet hook--hint hint to those of you that can make them:wink :lol )

Stephanie, looks like you figured out how to make your photo smaller. I didn't see it before but it doesn't look big to me now. For anybody who needs the link, though, here it is: How to resize an image.

Bethy, what a great use for CDs!! Yeah, I have been wanting to try to make a crocheting smiley, but I'm not very good at animations, so I haven't tried yet.

My update: My bag is made of three pieces and I have the bottom and one side done. I've started on the second side.

Archived