Isn't it funny

:):think How you pick a pattern? I find myself going through my doily books looking for a pattern to crochet and I might go past one a hundred times and think, oh its ok, maybe later. And then one day its like OH YEAH thats the one for now......wonder why that is? What makes a pattern stick out at any certain time??:think:eek

I do that all the time. I think that's why I hold on to so many of my patterns/books.... 'Oh I might want it some day'... and I do! :lol

Tina

Happens to me too....and yet one more reason to horde all things crochet! :lol

I agree

I also wonder how I can pass a pattern by a hundred times, and then see it done by someone else in another color or yarn and it looks so very different.

I do it also. Right now, I am looking for the perfect baby hat pattern and going through tons of patterns. I'll find one sooner or later. It's just kind of weird.

:manyheart

It's the same kind of thing with eating out. You can pass a Mexican restaurant a dozen times and, on the 13th time, nothing else will do!:)

Sometimes what patterns sing out to me changes based on what yarns I've gotten recently ("ooh! That would look wonderful in that new red I picked up . . .") or who I'm thinking of ("wouldn't she just love that scarf?") or what size hook I feel like working with.

All the more reason to hold and hang on to all possible patterns! :D

~ Joy

I know exactly what you mean. I have some magazines that when I first got them, hated nearly everything in the issue and then like 6 months later, I'll paw through the same issue and all the sudden several things pop out that I think I want to make (usually for someone else) or I'll borrow a segment of one pattern to use in another project from another pattern...

Archived