Trivet made with T-shirt "Yarn"

Adriann

I added a new pattern to my blog today. Any pattern problems, please let me know!

I'm trying not to buy cotton yarn because of the whole pesticide thing, and so have been looking for ways to "recycle" all the cotton I can find by using t-shirts for bulky items and thrift store sweaters for yarn...

I am such a stooge! I love recycling and avidly crochet all the bags I can get my hands on. It never occured to me to cut up t-shirts. Jeans sure. Cotton shirts, uh huh. But t-shirts, never! Great idea and thanks for the pattern!

I've never crocheted with used t-shirts before. I like the idea, but have too many projects to do first. I'm also not sure what to make with t-shirt yarn. So, thanks for a great idea!

• 2 months later...

This is such a great idea. I was feeling a little "stale" with my crocheting lately but this is giving me great ideas. I will now be pulling out all of my old t shirts and cutting them up. I feel the makings for a purse coming on. Thanks for this idea and the tutorial. :hook I am now on :c9

Archived