SnB: Knot so Ugly Shrug-Along

yarndiva

I know, I know another CAL, but since I am making the Knot so Ugly Shrug in Black Sportweight cotton yarn, I was thinking maybe there are some other gals who want to do one with me. :cheer

I joined the "Unswap" and figured that I should make something really nice for myself (again) since I tend to go all out on my other swaps.

Anyone want to join me? :D

Your killing me Beth!!! Pg 178 huh?.....possibly... I could make it for ds's gf as a birthday present.... goodness... if I were bold I'd wear it myself...just a tad bit of 49 yo droop going on here :blush:lol

I think, I will try this. Is there a pattern in mind. I am kinda of new to crocheting and little worried about not understanding the pattern. Al,tho I have several instruction books on how to. And sometimes can be thick ahead. but I still will try.

debinmtns

well, i suppose i will join. i just started mine last night and remembered, oh, there's a CAL for this. i actually screamed it out loud to my husband. he said, "a cow?" A CAL! to my suprise, he said, "oh, a crochet along." wow. he actually listens when i ramble on about my crochet stuff!

i'm actually about 1/3 of the way done. it works up really fast. i was very intimidated at first. but i'm already planning on making another one when i finish this one.

I'll give it a try. I've never made a wearable before so this should be interesting. Do you think simply soft would work for this? Or lionbrand microspun?

Angie

i'm using simply soft, and it looks great.

I changed my mind, i am biting off too much.

Deb don't worry about it, all of us some time or another bites off more than they can chew...I have to force myself to do at least a few rows a day or during long "sessions" where I find myself sitting for long periods of time and lately I've been wanting to do something else so...

well, i suppose i will join. i just started mine last night and remembered, oh, there's a CAL for this. i actually screamed it out loud to my husband. he said, "a cow?" A CAL! to my suprise, he said, "oh, a crochet along." wow. he actually listens when i ramble on about my crochet stuff!

i'm actually about 1/3 of the way done. it works up really fast. i was very intimidated at first. but i'm already planning on making another one when i finish this one.

I am halfway done with mine...wow you crochet fast! It's taking me a couple of weeks off an on just to get this far! I think I've had this for over three weeks and I am constatnly wanting to do other projects! Yikes!!

I am halfway done with mine...wow you crochet fast! It's taking me a couple of weeks off an on just to get this far! I think I've had this for over three weeks and I am constatnly wanting to do other projects! Yikes!!

tonight i finished it off. i just have to sew the seams and do the band and drawstring. that's for tomorrow. i'm so tired. i already started on the fuzzy caplet from snb.

i finished it last night. it's not right, though. its too long, even tho i used a smaller hook. i dont know how it came out that way, but i have decided to sew on some buttons and ch a couple of button holes to make it look right. it'll look more like a mesh mini sweater, but oh well.

Picture114.jpg

Muhahahahahahahaha I am joing this CAL:devil

As you can read in this thread I was going crazy but thanks to Knicknac, she calmed me down.. I am on the second row of the sleeves and I have ummm approx 2 stitches short on one arm but I am forging through it!!

I will post some pics tonight...

Yea... I love CALS:manyheart

Oh yay! :yay that was fast Nichole!!

Oh yeah, I am using dk weight cotton yarn and a H hook, that's why mine is taking longer than usual.

I may have to taper the sleeves a bit because I kinda oopsed...grrr, but it needs to be done because although my upper arms are kinda "squishy", my forearms and wrist is small so I don't want extra fabric in that area. :sigh

I am putting this aside because I need a quick project to do (and finish) and it's just taking soo long! But it will be done around June! (or even sooner!)

Thanks for joining gals, I hope to get a digicam soon so I can take a pic of my progress!

I know, I know another CAL, but since I am making the Knot so Ugly Shrug in Black Sportweight cotton yarn, I was thinking maybe there are some other gals who want to do one with me. :cheer

I joined the "Unswap" and figured that I should make something really nice for myself (again) since I tend to go all out on my other swaps.

Anyone want to join me? :D

Hello everybody! I crocheted the SnB Knot Ugly Shrug last year, you can check in my blog:

http://like-grandma.blogspot.com/2006/09/knot-ugly-shrug.html

and how it looks finished!

http://like-grandma.blogspot.com/2006/10/knot-ugly-shrug-finished.html

I wear it very often! The work is worth it! :hook

I started this the other night! I'm up to the sleeves and I got a little confused, but I'm back on track now thanks to my ladies at the ville!!

I'm using Microspun in a coral color. It's looking a little small right now but the yarn has a LOT of stretch in it...we'll see what happens!

As promised... pic of my progress...As you can see the back was a bit small.. guage problems and all but it stretches so it WILL have to do!!:lol

Clickable

th_FB1003.jpg

th_FB1004.jpg

actually, i thought mine was going to be really small too, but they stretch A LOT. i'm going to make another one with a smaller hook so that it will come out right.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks just fine Cranky!

I did mine cardigan style and totally just went on my own with this pattern. I have made another one from the shoulders down like the SnSweet but tapered the long sleeves so it has become a bolero....pics to come soon!!

Whoooo hoooo..:clap All done with the crochet portion of the shrug and I am getting ready to sew. I have 2 questions:

1. It says sew on the wrong side.. which side is that?

2. Any particular way I should sew? Through any particular loops?

I totally love this pattern now, I can see how it actually forms into the shrug and made me start to think about all the options you can do with this basic pattern. You can make it long sleeve or longer to the waist or criss cross the front!! Possibilities are endless BUT... with all the problems I had maybe I should just stick with this one for now, lol:D

Thanks!!!

Ooh, don't get mad at me, but I didn't sew mine together, I figured out a way to attach the sleeves by crocheting them right side up and upside down and then meeting in the middle (the seam)...I dunno how to explain...I dc'd one side and then using the same yarn, not cutting into it or anything, dc'd the other side, ch 1 and did it all over again.

Clear as mud?

Diva... that made SO much sense!! :think :think yea right!:laughroll

I ended up slipstitching the whole thing... I will also use a lighter weight next time.. I was sweating yesterday!! But.. super proud to make my first wearable

Hiding my up madeup face :lol

th_knot1004.jpg

th_knot1005.jpg

This pattern gives me so many ideas to lengthen the sleaves and even the body portion... or maybe criss cross wrap around!!

Archived