SnB: Knot so Ugly Shrug-Along

yarndiva

Diva... that made SO much sense!! :think :think yea right!:laughroll

I ended up slipstitching the whole thing... I will also use a lighter weight next time.. I was sweating yesterday!! But.. super proud to make my first wearable

Hiding my up madeup face :lol

th_knot1004.jpg

th_knot1005.jpg

This pattern gives me so many ideas to lengthen the sleaves and even the body portion... or maybe criss cross wrap around!!

okay first, spankin job!!!!! what hook did you use and how come mine turned out so big? yours is perfect!!!!!! i made a medium size and somehow it turned out extra large!

okay first, spankin job!!!!! what hook did you use and how come mine turned out so big? yours is perfect!!!!!! i made a medium size and somehow it turned out extra large!

Hey woman.. thanks!! I used the L hook.. do you think I would really take this pattern into my own hands and use something different!!!:lol

I used the small size in the book... maybe that is the difference.. and I used RHSSS?!?!?!

We should all do another one!!;):P

And PS... whats up with your pics on your blog and on here.. they are all X-ed out!

for real!!!! i know! what i think is that when i uploaded them on photobucket, i made the 600x800 or whatever...they are too big for the webpage, so i gotta get working on that. i'm not sure if i have to upload everything all over again, which would peeve the junk outta me. anyway, i'll get workin on that.

so, i guess i will have to make a small size shrug. i used a k hook, tho, which is weird. maybe i got too into it and just kept goin on some rows...hmm. i want to do another one tho.

okay uno mas por mi!!!!! i started another last night. since i made that lacey sleeveless top (and wore it! yay!) i want to make more wearables and actually wear them. i have like 4 wearables that i'm too scared to wear!!! anyway, this time i'm going with cotton. and a bright pink. i checked the gauge last night on my first 3 rows and its 2 inches smaller, but i figure its alright because it will stretch and my last one had a perfect gauge and was an XL instead of M.

ok, i m thoroughly upset with my second shrug! its too big AGAIN! this time a made a small! i dont think that an L hook is the right hook. its too big. ugh! i'm gonna wash it and dry it and see if it shrinks. i'll get the pic later.

yarn diva: your bolero is beautiful. you can see all your alterations and it looks really really good! great job!

Hi Nicole and thanks for the compliments!

I almost never follow gauge because I always use diff. hook/yarns.

What I have realized is that your measured size is always a great bet on how your wearable will fit. Make a 4x4 swatch of your stitch pattern of choice, then use that to calculate how many sts it will be to measure your bust (for example...or hips...or shoulders as in this case) and maybe add an inch or two on top of that (but I have found out that your exact measurement is the best measurement for a perfect fit, no more, no less) and then make your garment.

Clear as mud? :think

Hi everyone:

I finished my knot ugly shrug last winter and it now sits in my crochet "dud" pile. I used cheapy, cheap yarn so I suppose I'm not overly disappointed at the outcome. It's quite big and didn't turn out as I expected it to although I thought my gauge was spot on... :think

I have plans to resurrect it in the future and perhaps you can help. :yes

th_knotuglyshrug.jpg

It fits so big it's more like a bolero than a shrug.

1. I'm thinking of ripping out the edging and redoing the edge using a thinner thread-like yarn.
  2. I've been inspired by others who turned their shrugs into "wraparound" versions. It's so roomy I think I could do that with this one.
  3. I wonder if I could use my sewing machine and do a zig zag stitch across the bottom where I'd like the hem to be then cut off the excess. Theoretically I could finish it up with edging.

Just thinking aloud....

Cheryl.

Picture002.jpg

so i soaked the shrug then stuck in the dryer for a while and it shrunk a good bit, but its not the most perfect fit. i love this pattern, but i hate it too!!!!!

i wore it to a party and everybody loved it and wanted one. but i told them i had to find a way to tweak that pattern first. but its a quick project. took only 2 days!

Love the Pink Nichole, you look hot!!

Great Job!

thank you! :D

Hummmm I am a huge fan of pink.. you are pulling at my heart strings.. need to get pink yarn!!!!

Awesome job.. I can't beleive you did another one!! Way to go!!

and thank you! :D (its peaches and cream! yum, i love that stuff!)

Archived