Closed--Looking for Testers, Kitty Blankie/ Testers Found, thank you!

crochetsal

I'm looking for 5 testers for a newly-designed Kitty's Something's Fishy Blankie. This is a fish-shaped blanket for cats to give them something comfy to lay on, not to mention to keep the cat hair off of furniture!

Done in worsted weight yarn, the piece measures app. 36 x 23 1/2".

If anyone is interested in trying this in sportweight, I would LOVE that, too, with measurements when you're done.

I don't have a pic of yet, my husband moved my camera cable so I can't upload till I find it.

Specifics:

Must be done within 1 week.

There are colour changes involved.

Worsted weight version: you will need app. 12 oz of main colour, and app. 3 oz of secondary colour.

Secondary version: If you're trying with sportweight yarn, I am not sure of the amounts: I am 'guessing' less than 2 oz of secondary colour, and 5-6 oz of main colour. When finished, I would like to know how much yarn actually was needed.

You may post pictures in the Show and Tell.

I will be typing this pattern up as soon as I get back from my chiropractor's appointment, which I guess I'd better leave for! Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I think I listed all the pertinent info, but I may have missed something.

If more than 5 people volunteer by mid-afternoon (EDT), I will put names in a hat and draw 5.

Edited to add: Ooops! When volunteering, please state whether you'll be working with ww or sport weight!

Thanks to all who are willing to volunteer!

Sally

I found the cable for my camera, so now have a finished picture. What I should have done was gotten one of the cats in the pic for size comparison!

somefishy.jpg

I'm kinda picturing this in stripes instead of the main colour, which would use up extra balls of yarn.

This is done in sc, btw.

Sally

Thank you for all who replied offering to test! I did reply individually, but wanted to say again, thank you. I was a little surprised there were so many who volunteered so quickly, and I did have to resort to the drawing of names.

Which I might do in future, that way if you're not online very soon after I post, you might not miss out on the chance!

Keep an eye out, I will be asking for testers more often now!

Sally

I see you're selling the finished blanket on your etsy site...will you be putting the pattern up for sale after the testing???

Since I wasn't one of the lucky ones to test I'm still interested in making this one :hook

A brief note to testers:

I had neglected to write instructions for a border:

Join white in any st, sc evenly around entire piece. If desired, work a 2nd round of sc, working an occasional dec [(draw up loop in next st) twice, YO, draw through all 3 loops] on inner corners, and working an extra sc in occasional sts on outer corners to keep piece flat.

Thank you, Darlene for pointing that out!

Figured I could post that little bit here, it doesn't give much away!

Sally

Thanks Sally! I am almost to that part, just need to finish the tail and mouth...I would've been :think:lol

A brief note to testers:

I had neglected to write instructions for a border:

Join white in any st, sc evenly around entire piece. If desired, work a 2nd round of sc, working an occasional dec [(draw up loop in next st) twice, YO, draw through all 3 loops] on inner corners, and working an extra sc in occasional sts on outer corners to keep piece flat.

Thank you, Darlene for pointing that out!

Figured I could post that little bit here, it doesn't give much away!

Sally

Archived