Where do you get eyes?

addicted to yarn

I am looking for 6mm black safety eyes for the softies that I am creating. I did not think that it would be difficult to find. I use to get them at Joann's Superstore or Hobby Lobby (neither of which are near where I live). I went looking the other day and you would have thought that I had a third eye or something, with the looks I was given. I could not find any in Greenville, NC and my sister could not locate them in the Tidewater region of VA. Is there a good on-line store? I could use some real help here!!

LOL I have gotten the same crazy looks before, I'm glad for these links, thanks. I did eventually find some animal eyes (and noses) at Hobby Lobby.

I was having the same problem, a while back when I was in a craze for making crocheted cats. I couldn't find any locally, and then I found a **steal** on E-Bay -- ended up getting lots and lots of cat eyes (the safety kind) in sizes ranging from 9mm to 18mm, and a variety of colors. Plus a couple of largish "owl eyes," googly eyes, and other various bits and pieces. It was basically a box full of parts that came from an estate sale.

If people are interested, PM me and I will send pictures and we can figure out pricing.

tbird

hmm hope i explain this right (make sense) they remind me of screws under the actual eye part and come with a plastic or metal washer so when you make amigurumi for a small child the eyes won't be easily pulled out.

Idk did that make sense to you? lol

I find them in the section with the doll making stuff at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and JoAnn's. When I first started looking for them I had to ask where they were. I always got some strange looks too. You would think that someone in a craft store would know what you are talking about. I finally found someone that pointed me in the right direction! It was a guy at Hobby Lobby. He actually new exactly what I was talking about. The only eyes anyone else knew about was the googly eyes! I can't use those for babies and toddlers.

Of course they were right with the googly eyes. They also had the animal noses there. I guess I just didn't notice them when I walked by for the third time, saying to myself, "I don't need that kind."

IF I'm lucking enough to be in a big town with craft stores like Michael's or Joann's, I usually can find the eyes there. There's a little mom and pop type hobby store about 30 miles from where I live, she carries ALL kinds of eyes and noses too:yes Unfortunately, the last time I was there to get some eyes, my dh was with me, so I had to grab and go:lol . You can also order eyes from this craft company: www.sunshinecrafts.com.:yes I haven't ordered from this co., so I don't know how expensive their s/h is :no. GoodLuck!!!

• 3 weeks later...

My mother-in-law found a motherload of them at their Joann's store in Baltimore. She set me up to be able to make 45 things (she is good like that!!). Thanks to everyone for the websites, they will come in handy too.

Archived