eraser sculpey

MomaChet

SO I went out and bought some at Michaels. I have done one hook to try it out. It said on the package to not cook for longer then 10mins. I did this, pulled it out and let it cool. But it is still clay like. What am I doing wrong?

The eraser kind is supposed to be kind of soft. But if you think it's too soft set the oven temp and wait for it to get to the right temp and put it in for 5 more min let it cool and see then try 5 more maybe.My oven beeps when it get's to the right temp and this helps. When we used to make things they were too soft or they'd burn I think because the temp wasn't exact.

I used the eraser sculpey too. I did exactly as directed and mine was even pretty thick, but it worked out great. It should get fairly hard, you should not be able to make any kind of imprints with your finger.

I've never used this stuff before so I'm kinda confused. how many different kinds are there and where do you buy it? You can use beads with it?? I'd like to make some of these for myself and for gifts but I need to figure out what I'm doing first!

I've added beads to my sculpey clay that you are supposed to bake at 275 for 15 min and none of the beads have melted. My son even made me 1 with beads all over it and they didn't melt.

I just bought some of this at Michaels today but haven't tried it out yet. I bought the Eraser Clay and the Basic Color Sets that bakes harder than the Eraser is supposed to. Can't wait to try it out! :woo

Have fun I just made a teapot 1 and it wasn't so hard when I stopped being a perfectionist.Almost all of my hooks are covered now :lol Hubby has my camera so I can't take a pic:rolleyes

Alisha, did you use a pattern for the teapot or just 'wing it'? If you did use a pattern, where did you get it from? Thanx for any input. :tea

No pattern just looked at a teapot I have about 20 teapots in my collection so I had plenty of models. I rolled up a ball for the pot part sortof smooshed it down a bit and rolled up some long strings used them for the spout and handle rolled up a ball flattened it out for the top and put a tiny ball on top.Then I rolled out some clay flat , cut it so the edges are straight and then wrapped it around the hook roll it out so the seams smooth out and put the teapot on top.The most important thing do not be a perfectionist :lol that was my problem before:)

so can you makw any design you want with this stuff? does it come with basic instuctions of how to make them? I ask because my brother is a great crafter, and would love to have him try and make me one.

Archived