What was I thinking???

Ok, so it seemed like a great idea at the time. I bought a Japanese pattern book with lots of great patterns in it. Did I mention it is all in Japanese????? Anyone out there speak Japanese??? :oops

Um, I have a friend that does, but she lives in Hawai'i and she doesn't crochet.

I thought most Japanese pattern books also had diagrams?

Almost all Japanese crochet books have the international charts for the items. So you'll need to decode the charts so you can work from those without any of the writing.

My daughter can speak Japanese a little. Enough to translate a pattern for me I found on line. I know that there are good translater programs online as Amy suggested. I would try that and see if it helps you.

Thanks everyone. There are charts, but the knitting part is tricky to work out. Also there is a lot of writing..wonder what it means. I don't know how I would be able to use a translater since I can't type the words....I don't think there is a font for that.

The pics are wonderful, oh well, I think I will work it out eventually. The Japanese books have the most beautiful designs.

Knitting part? Is it a crochet and knitting book?

I've thought about getting some of those books, if I can force my lazy self to memorize the international symbols. :D I just LOVE their awesome designs. If they'd get in with an English publishing company and get them translated, they'd make a killing.

If there is a college or university near you, check with them to see if they may have any students that could translate.

Archived