Quick & Easy CROCHET

lynned1952

I sent for a free issue from one of those post card packs you get in the mail. I haven't received the free issue, but keep getting bills at the rate of probably two a week. I can't find any phone numbers or email addresses anywhere to contact them. I am sending the bills back marked cancel. I don't want to subscribe if I can't even get them to send the free issue for me to check out before paying.

I find it unusual that I never see this magazine in any of the stores. Have any of you seen it in stores?

I know, that's what I was saying. Although you don't see Annie's favorite crochet in stores either, at least I haven't. And I was getting invoices for Annies way before I got my first issue. I held off paying for Annies until the magazine actually came. I'll let everyone know if and when I receive my first issue.

I love it. I had a subscription, but it didn't come over from Hawaii. Funny how the P.O. there had no trouble forwarding junk mail, but my magazines they kept. :rolleyes (I know, I should have gotten ahold of them directly, but I should also have gotten some forwarded.) I need to renew it with my current address. I like the patterns, and there is limited or no use of my personal nemesis, Fun Fur.

I just received a copy from someone who found it (I think at a yard sale). anyway, I was about to hunt and see if it still existed (it's an early 90s copy). Thanks for the link lynned1952 , and I'm glad to hear there's almost no funfur, Sabra...I don't like that stuff either...It's been overdone. (and there's better "fur"s out there for better value (like one called "Happy" by Sirdar)) I'm ready to see patterns that go beyond scarves and fur in the mags etc. ;)

I'm going to check out that link right now!

I picked up about 10 from a libary sale for .10 each and what a great find! many of the things are dated (mostly from 80s) but many are actually coming back in style (so funny) and many are pretty classic patterns but just need updated yarn.

I always look for old crochet mags at thrift stores now.

• 1 month later...

... and you'll wait and wait and wait. I've finally gotten to the point that I don't think the free issue is worth the hassle of dealing with AA.

i've never had any luck emailing or snail mailing them. you can find the 1-800 # on the website for customer service.

• 1 month later...

Archived