Plastic Bag Easter Basket *image heavy*

Or just a basket...

th_misc-2.jpg

Cool, isn't it? I started and finished it yesterday, but it was 10:00pm last night when I finally wove in the last end...:tired so I didn't post. I went to bed! :sleep

th_misc-4.jpg

Here's the bottom,

th_misc-3.jpg

and the side, yes, there are a few dc rnds, it made it go faster.

th_misc-5.jpg

And a Fancy display...MMMM! Dark Chocolate! :drool I can hardly restrain myself...

th_misc-6.jpg

Here's what it looks like most of the time, because the handle isn't reinforced and it likes to sag. It still looks gorgeous though, and it's waterproof, and very tough, and large :D I LOVE IT! I will definately be using it for things other than holding easter candy :lol

Oh, it folds flat too! Gotta love that!

th_misc-7.jpg

:photo clickable

Very cool! I've got to try to do that plastic bag yarn thing. I've got so many sitting around, it isn't even funny.... What method did you use to make the 'yarn'?

Very cool! I've got to try to do that plastic bag yarn thing. I've got so many sitting around, it isn't even funny.... What method did you use to make the 'yarn'?

http://www.marloscrochetcorner.com/bag%20cutting%20instructions.html

This is where I learned to make the "yarn" :hookbut the strips I made were thinner, about 1" wide. You should start larger though, because the thinner the strips, the easier to tear...:rip:lol

I also used a size K hook (6.5)

The ultimate in recycling plastic bags! Excellent! Now WHY did I just hand a HUGE bag full over to my grocery delivery driver (in the UK they pick them up for you and return them to be recycled)!!! I could have used them all for this... Now I'll have to build up my collection again hehe

Addey, I have full details and pictures on how to make plastic bag "yarn" at my website blog. The link is here for the yarn making tutorial and I also have other free plastic bag patterns there too if you are interested in recycled plastic bag crafts. :)

Also the basket is beautiful. Wonderful job!

http://www.marloscrochetcorner.com/bag%20cutting%20instructions.html

This is where I learned to make the "yarn" :hookbut the strips I made were thinner, about 1" wide. You should start larger though, because the thinner the strips, the easier to tear...:rip:lol

I also used a size K hook (6.5)

Cool! Thanks! Now I just have to find the time to start on this... unfortunately, I just hit a major 2-month long block of mostly travel.... *sigh*

:clap I've been waiting for your reply specifically, RecycleCindy! I'm glad you like it, I LOVE this basket! It's currently holding more plastic bag strips for another basket :D

Love, love, love, love, love, love this basket...

Nuts, your basket is beautiful and I LOVE it too! I was just telling my son on the way home tonight about it. I love to see other people's creations using plastic bags. It's one of the things on my to-do list -- crochet a basket. Thanks so much for sharing your recycled talents!! :)

Archived