My new favorite project ever!!! Breezy Duster

funkyreporter

This is the Breezy Duster from e-pattern central and I am using hand-dyed yarn that is similar in weight to #3 thread - it is 50% silk & 50% rayon and I chose a size "F" Boye hook to obtain gauge. I absolutely LOVE this pattern and I LOVE this yarn - the colors are so pretty! I bought it about a year ago, two hanks that were 2,100 yards each and it was before I had a yarn swift or ball winder so I just rolled it into all these balls.

Here's my progress so far! (it's worked from the bottom up)

DSCF0040.jpg

OooOooooh, that is so nice. Can't wait to see the finished product. doggonit....now I may have to buy that pattern - since I don't already have enough of them.....:hook :hook ...Hm....wonder how it would look done with Moda Dea Tutu? LOL. I have a bunch to use up. hee hee.

Beautiful! I love the yarn colors!

I just fell in love with these colors myself. When I got the yarn I was really struck by it - the silk gives it a lovely sheen and the rayon makes it manageable. And the color really is gorgeous - I just love subdued colors and gray and pink or black and pink are two of my favorite combinations.

I didn't know for the longest time what to make with it and i had tried the Breezy Duster before in Microspun but that was WAY too thick. The pattern recommends #3 thread and this is pretty much on the mark. Paton's Grace would also be a good substitute for #3. I'm not sure about Moda Dea Tutu as was mentiod earlier, but it's possible...

I will DEFINITELY show it off when finished... though it may take a while!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived