Crochet Today (April/May 2007)

Carol Ventura

I haven't received my issue still...but their web site is finally updated to show the what's in this new issue. That basket looks great! I've never done tapestry crochet. Is it difficult?

If you can do single crochet, you should be able to do tapestry crochet. Please take a look at my web page for some free projects with internal tutorials to get you started. I would begin with the striped basket before moving onto pieces with beads, though.

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...

I've done a couple of tapestry crochet projects, including the Fair Isle bag in Crochet! magazine (I think that's the right one....). I lined it, and it's a terrific project bag. The piece I'm working on is in another crochet magazine. It's beaded, but I elected not to add the beads. I'm having so much fun with it, I may try it again, and use beads!!

Carol, your blog was most helpful to me, and I love the patterns you have posted!! Thanks bunches!!

Thanks for mentioning you designed the basket. I saw it and though... hmm. maybe. I might try the lid to start with which kind of looks like a basket, and if I can do that, then the basket. I finally found the issue at walmart last week, they still have some left (I look for other crochet mags there, but they don't have many).

Debbi

Crochet Today (April /May 2007) just published my bead tapestry crochet lidded basket. They asked for a southwest motif, so that was the inspiration. I hope you will give it a try!

Are you allowed to post a photo? Or would that violate a copyright?

I tried to post a photo, but couldn't figure out how to do it!

I've never posted a photo directly here at Crochetville either. I finally figured out a couple years back how to post photos in an online album and then put a link in the message.

Archived