Hairpin Lace Crochet along

ferosah

Dear Members,

Would you be interested in doing a hairpin lace

crochet along? I have a poll at my blog to vote for

this CAL. See signature line for URL to blog. If I get

a good response I will create right and left handed

"How to" lessons and a small design to practice on.

Looking forward to a positive response.

Ferosa

OOO,,,,ferosah!!! Let me tell you!! I was RAOK'ed a hairpin lace tool, ok? Well, me never even DOING it before, thought I could make a doily!! It never worked,,my loops were all tangled, I twisted the tool wrong without realizing it, several times, which left me with more loops on one side than the other,,,UGH! I was in tears over this, so I put the tool away, out of sight. I would totally LOVE to try a crochet along!!!!

Hi Riohnna,

That's the whole purpose of the crochet along. It's to teach the

technique of hairpin lace. I too had problems learning the technique. So stick with me and you'll learn.

Hugs

Ferosa

I would give it a go (can't access Blogs from work to go vote though). I got a tool and have started making a strip but didn't know what to do with it from there yet. :lol I could never find a good starter pattern to work on.

Hi Wanda,

I look forward to your participation in the crochet along. Based on the poll results it looks like it will definitely be happening. I will let everyone know the starting date as soon as I'm finished with the lessons.

Hugs

Ferosa

Hi everyone! Ferosa, I would love to do this, although I may be a silent participant. I have lots on my plate for this summer (a son graduating and a daughter getting married), but I would really like to learn! I will keep an eye on this cal for the starting date etc. if you will have me!

I don't know if I will be able to actually complete something, but I'm definitely interested in learning the technique. I have a hairpin lace loom that was given to me as a gift and has been sitting in my craft drawer since last summer....:blush

I'd love to learn this, too. I have one question, though. What is a hairpin lace tool and where do you get them. :think Oh, oh! That made two questions. :blush Oh, well, count me in anyway.

Rita K.

Dayton, OH

The cheapest ones around here were found at AC Moore, like this one

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Products/Accessories/Crafts/Susan+Bates+Hairpin+Lace+Loom.htm

but you'll find them listed online or in craft stores as Hairpin lace tool/loom/frame/fork, like this Clover one

http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=82328&PRODID=108600

Hairpin lace. I haven't done hairpin lace in nearly 30 years. :2blush

I learned hairpin lace as a teen-ager from the same nun who taught me how to crochet. I made a few scarfs and afghans. :clap

Unfortunately college took me away from the hairpin lace...and crocheting in general. :( I'd love to get into it.

I hope I remember how.

I hope I can find a loom somewhere close to here.

• 2 weeks later...

Ohhh I want to join. I ordered a hairpin lace tool yesterday before I saw this CAL. I always wanted to learn and after learning the broomstick lace, I natural had to progress to the next one. Count me in.

This is so tempting because there's this beautiful pattern here http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Fashion/SDS034_lotus_dress_main.htm, but I don't know the first thing about hairpin lace.. In fact, the pattern talks about crocheting the hairpin lace, but here you guys are talking about looms.. :think

I think I'll just sit back and watch this CAL for now :D Good luck ladies!

This is so tempting because there's this beautiful pattern here http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Fashion/SDS034_lotus_dress_main.htm, but I don't know the first thing about hairpin lace.. In fact, the pattern talks about crocheting the hairpin lace, but here you guys are talking about looms.. :think

I think I'll just sit back and watch this CAL for now :D Good luck ladies!

I am eyeing this pattern, too. Isn't it pretty?

For hairpin lace you use loom, and you crochet on it long ribbons with crochet hook. Then you crochet together the ribbons. So, it is crochet, and you need a loom :)

Anna

I am eyeing this pattern, too. Isn't it pretty?

For hairpin lace you use loom, and you crochet on it long ribbons with crochet hook. Then you crochet together the ribbons. So, it is crochet, and you need a loom :)

Anna

Thanks for clearing that up :)

So is this going to happen, or die out? I have already started one panel of lace, and have learned a very important lesson. Once off the loom it curls like crazy. I will crochet a border on this piece and then clip following panels before I remove them from the loom. I am working on the carival wrap that has a free pattern online if anyone wants to join me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interesting in Hairpin Lace. I bought a crochet book last week and it had hairpin lace stuff, so the next day I bought the loom and tried to figure it out. It was kinda confusing and some clarification might be helpful!

Archived