Finally pic of the Shrug for little girl

Dangerouscrochet

Sorry It has taken so long to get this one posted. Some days are more hectic than others.:P

shrugback.jpg

shrugfronton.jpg

Nope, the arms are the same length. My 'model' was not really interested in getting the pic taken. LOL

:clap how very very lovely! :clap

Pattern and yarn info please?

Thank you :manyheart

Well, the yarn is Carons Simply Soft. Which didn't even use a full skien. ( I really like that yarn LOL) as far as a pattern................................. Well, I kind of 'winged it' LOL. I took one of my dd jackets, laid it on the table, and measured the WIDTH of the sleeve....... then multiplied that by 2 ( so it would reach all the way around ;) like measuring the circumference of the arm) Then I started a rectangle in that width ( the width of the sleeve) The stitch, well since she uses this for ballet, I wanted something a little 'airy' since she may be cold in the beg, but eventually warms up. I Doubled crochet'd one row, and the next row I just dc 1, ch 1, dc 1. and continued with this sequence. When rectangle was complete...... I measured my dd back where her underarms are for the width. then sewed up sleeves from the 'cuff' end to the middle. One at a time:P , for the finish, I found some Modea Zing at the dollar store in pink, and just single crochet around the ends. Waaaa Laa.

Since making this, I have seen other children in the local Elementary school wearing ones that *gasp* were store bought:eek

This was a super easy project...Once I finally stopped OVER THINKING the concept. I think I am biggest 'road block' more often than any other thing.

If you should happen to want to make one, and need any help, I am available :yes

Archived