Darice vinyl doll head w/yarn hair

tigermom

FYI I just ordered some from a local craft store. She was able to get me a few and was told by the company that these are no longer being made. What ever is in their warehouse is it. I'm glad she was able to get me some and she has ordered me more. I will post my dolls later, have to upload the photo's yet. If any of you make the lollipop lane dolls, better stock up. They are almost gone!!

Deb

Have you checked with TD creations. They carry the yarn doll heads.

Here is their web site for the heads.

http://tdcreations.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=39&osCsid=68d323a91aa82b7e82d1f2a9f2d93b58

They are still featuring patterns for these heads, and I just checked and they have said nothing about them being discontinued.:hook

thanks I knew they carried them but they are over 1.00 more than I paid the craft store. But I guess If I want them bad enough I would pay the buck more! My local craft store is able to get more but the only ones avaliable are the pink, blue and white. the dolls are so cute when made up.

Those dolls are super cute! I am so into making dolls for the granddaughters. Is the pattern using those heads and hands still around anyplace on the web? I wouldn't even know where to start looking...but wouldn't mind help.....:-)

Thank you so much

MaggieT

Maggie, they are for sale on ebay. The patterns are not in print anymore so that's the only place I know of. They are super easy to make and so much fun. The heads have been discontinued so if you can find them buy a bunch if you think you will be making very many. I really think it is the cute head that makes this doll. I can't picture it with a crochet head.

Maggie, they are for sale on ebay. The patterns are not in print anymore so that's the only place I know of. They are super easy to make and so much fun. The heads have been discontinued so if you can find them buy a bunch if you think you will be making very many. I really think it is the cute head that makes this doll. I can't picture it with a crochet head.

Thank you Tigermom! I bought some patterns from EBay and some heads from TDcreations....just 4 though. Fixed income is the pitts! Headed right out after you mentioned where to go and got a nice little collection of patterns so plenty to get me started anyhow! I am sooooooooo excited! Never really cared about the crocheted toys until I was old enough to appreciate the work that went into them. Am having a blast with doll clothes, amigurami, and now this! LOL.....not sure what childhood I am in but having a blast while I am there!

"Grandma's are just antique little girls"

MaggieT

• 3 years later...

I was wondering if there is a free tutorial around that might teach me how to make these. I ordered some patterns but they call for a "prestuffed" body and now I am "on the budget fence" so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!!

• 1 month later...

I'm glad I somehow found this websight...I have been looking for the darice heads for a long time and I am heartbroken that they are no longer made. I finally have access to my patterns again and was looking foreward to making them again. I have about 10 or 12 patterns but now don't know what to do. I agree that it was the cute faces that made them so special.

the doll's are just too cute beautiful job making them, but I have a question..I see there is hands do they come 'with the doll head or a seperate purchase? in other words what parts do you use? can you tell I never made a doll before...

Archived