Fun Fur Tangled Mess

charkitty

I was in Joann's Fabric the other day and they had several skeins of Lion Brand Fun Fur without a band and a complete tangled mess. These skeins were in with the banded skeins. When I asked if this yarn was discounted, I was told 'no'...it was $4.99. Can you believe it?! I've also seen tangled yarn like this in Walmart. It should be taken off the shelf or sold dirt cheap!

Also, I have purchased some double ended crochet hooks and have later noticed that they don't have the size on them. Anyone notice this?

Just some crochet rant!

charkitty

:eek2

well with the double ended hook.. where are they gonna put it.. the shaft needs to be smooth so the yarn can sit on it and slide o it nicely.. i can see why they dont.. if you ahve several .. my suggestion is tag them in a way you can remember ....as for tangled yarn.. that is a matter of ppl looking thru it that have what i consider no manners.. and the stores are looking to make as much money as they can .. its unfortunate but true..

When you go to a store that has tangled yarn (which you can't help), try talking to the manager. They will usually discount it for you. the floor people can't normally agree to give you a discount.

Tangled yarn happens with all the types. I worked at AC Moore for a little and sometimes we'd get the expensive stuff all tangled up in a big ball. We'd spend hours trying to untangle but then decided it was best to put it in plastic bags and offer it at a discount. Of course, the manager had to approve it. Most stores WILL discount tangled yarn if you talk to the manager.

Good luck!!!!

Susan Bates and Boyle both have little metal squares with holes in them that tell you the size of your hooks. It is very inexpensive. I use my Susan Bates one all the time, as my hand-carved wooden hooks do not have sizes either.

I highly recommend it.

Stitchinpick

Archived