stitch markers

ok what are these stitch markers that everyone talks about??

i was using a safty pin and got sick of picking myself so now i use bobby pins and they work great, but people have suff hanging off theirs and i just don't get it. i have looked at the store and can't find anything. can someone show me what these things are?

thanks

I've never owned any myself, but I know some of the ladies on here make their own stitch markers using jewelry hardware (those locking wire earring fasteners) and beads. Some of them even make them with row markers or hook size so that they will know at a glance which row they were on and/or what hook size they were using.

Me, I just use safety pins. I'd love to make myself some of those really nice stitch markers, but I can't find the stuff out here to make them with.

The UK sucks when it comes to craft supplies!!! :yes

i bought myself one of those red clicky row counters and has gone back to using tally marks you know llll and then line through. i don't know which is more of a pain stop and click or stop and (l).

i gathered from reading your posts that you have difficulty finding stuff in the uk. do you still have family here in the us that can mail you stuff? or maybe start stashing some money so when you come back home for a visit you can go on a major shopping spree, oh doesnt that sound like fun!!

i just saw a picture of some markers and they are very pretty, maybe i will try my hand at making one.

I've never owned any myself, but I know some of the ladies on here make their own stitch markers using jewelry hardware (those locking wire earring fasteners) and beads. Some of them even make them with row markers or hook size so that they will know at a glance which row they were on and/or what hook size they were using.

Me, I just use safety pins. I'd love to make myself some of those really nice stitch markers, but I can't find the stuff out here to make them with.

The UK sucks when it comes to craft supplies!!! :yes

A paper clip is a good option too.:hook :hook :hook

I was wondering if anyone else uses paperclips. I didn't think I could be the only one. One day maybe I'll put some money towards the real thing, but until then I'm using all my money on the yarn itself! :devil

Archived