Use for empty prescription bottles....

I belong to the YARN LOVERS ROOM http://www.******/

and get Shirley's newsletters. Here is a tip from one of her readers that I thought was quite interesting.

Use it as a core for winding yarn. When you remove the bottle you are left with a ball of yarn that can be pulled from the middle out.

I'll have to try that out and see how it works.

When I was surfing through some of the free pattern sites yesterday, I saw a pattern where they crocheted around the prescription bottles to make ornaments. I didn't save the link because I didn't think they were that cute.

You can also crochet covers for them to make little decorative containers for pills that you carry with you in your handbag, or a little mobile sewing kit, or make a yarn needle/stitch marker "can"... for your crochet take-along bag.

I just thought of another idea to utilize them. Glue two prescription bottles together at the bases, fill one side with stitch markers, the other side with yarn needles & then wrap some yarn around the double bottles "torso". Would make nice compact take- along crochet supplies. Just stick one or two hooks in the yarn & put into a ziploc bag for your "emergency crochet tote" & put it in the glove compartment or smaller handbag & you'll always have crochet with you. I think I'll make one of those! You could even decorate the ziploc with a small crochet graphic.

Would make nice compact take- along crochet supplies. Just stick one or two hooks in the yarn & put into a ziploc bag for your "emergency crochet tote" & put it in the glove compartment or smaller handbag & you'll always have crochet with you.

I have an oatmeal container full of those new Target bottles because they seem too functional to throw out and this is a great idea. Granted, they won't glue together like regular bottles (perhaps side to side...) but a modified Go Kit using them is a great idea. I hate getting stuck somewhere with nothing to do with my hands.

I have an oatmeal container full of those new Target bottles because they seem too functional to throw out and this is a great idea. Granted, they won't glue together like regular bottles (perhaps side to side...) but a modified Go Kit using them is a great idea. I hate getting stuck somewhere with nothing to do with my hands.

maybe you could glue the two lids together instead of the bases. just a thought

I use empty pill bottles for SOOOOOOOO many things, beings how I am a nurse and fill med planners from pill bottles that come from the Veterans Prescription services, when they are empty I keep them, soak them in water to get the reidue out and the labels off, and then I crochet with thread a cover for them, and I use them for all sorts of things, stitch markers, yarn needles, you name it, I use it, I even put hand lotion in the BIGGER ones and throw it in my purse, it sure saves alot of money not having to pay for the mini bottles of lotions and what nots, in the summer when we go campinbg they come in handy for so many things, I cant count, toothpicks, shampoo, dishsoap, the list goes on and on, so a little imagination goes along ways, and it is soooooooooo easy to free form a crocheted cover for them...

Archived