Broomstick Lace

Liv

I am having a hard time getting the concept...I LOVE the look of it and went out and got a huge needle but can't get the chain stiches on to the "broomstick" I have try chaining with a big hook but that didn't work out eighter .....:think:( HELP!!!!!!:hook

is there any way you could just do it one at a time over the "broom stick" make them large enough to slide while your doing the chain, and go back and tighten themafter your chain is done. --- mind you i've only done broom stick once, i used a q hook i think. it was too time consuming for me.

I love broomstick lace. Unfortunately, I could never figure out anything worthwhile to make out of it. Especially since I'm not into babies, and most patterns seem to be for baby stuff.

There's a ton of tutorials that can explain it easier than I can, sorry :-/

Way back - in the 70's - I got hold of the broomstick instructions. Not much for patterns in those days. I wanted a cape, so designed my own and still have it to this day and still wear it. After you feel comfortable with the stitches, it is quite easy to come up with patterns of your own to make. Good luck with whatever you decide to make.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived