Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Do you want me to add to the second post? If so, do you have names for them?

Joyce

I'm working on the first of two afghans for our friends twin grandsons. One will be alternating strips in widths of 3 rows, 2 rows pattern and the other will be either 1 or 2 rows of each color.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've added two more afghans to the list for myself. One is a watermelon RR for a viller whose collecting 12-point RRs and the other is a Happy Yellow House crochet quilt for a couple at work having a baby in October.

Joyce

I've just added a THIRD afghan to the second post for myself. It's Lion Brand's Unsquared Baby Blanket. This is for a Sept. 20 baby shower. I'm using a different yarn and colors for this one.

Joyce

Ohh, the pattern is so pretty! I add it to my gifts list, just in case. :hook

I just finished a WIP. I am working on diagonal blanket once again. I hope to finish the brown section, and also next section which is light sky blue by August 8th. Then I can move on to the crochet games. :)

I am still looking for my digital camera. :( Please bear with me. Believe me I really want to share photos!

Thanks for checking in Diane. I LOVE that Lion Brand pattern and it'll be perfect for this new mom and baby. Can't wait to see pics, but will be patient. I have to get stuff done before the games too :eek

Joyce

Ohh, the pattern is so pretty! I add it to my gifts list, just in case. :hook

I just finished a WIP. I am working on diagonal blanket once again. I hope to finish the brown section, and also next section which is light sky blue by August 8th. Then I can move on to the crochet games. :)

I am still looking for my digital camera. :( Please bear with me. Believe me I really want to share photos!

I really like the watermelon RR. :yes

I finished the brown section other day. There is already a row of light blue on diagonal blanket. I have no chance to look for the camera yet. Hopefully, I can find it while I clean the whole place... I will keep in contact. :)

you are an absolute angel. :hug:manyheart:hug

:ty so much!!!! This will make a child so very happy... warm.. and comforted!

:turtle:mug

I finished the watermelon 12 pt. RR for teakaycee.

th_DSCF0722.jpg (clickable)

Joyce

I finished the watermelon 12 pt. RR for teakaycee.

th_DSCF0722.jpg (clickable)

Joyce

You inspired me, I'm going to do one for her, too. I'm just waiting for the pattern from her. What kind of yarn did you use?

Deb

So glad you're gonna jump in. I used Aggie May's pattern and Vanna's Choice yarn. I bought the pinks on sale and had the greens leftover from another project. Shall I add the RR to the second post for you?

Joyce

You inspired me, I'm going to do one for her, too. I'm just waiting for the pattern from her. What kind of yarn did you use?

Deb

So glad you're gonna jump in. I used Aggie May's pattern and Vanna's Choice yarn. I bought the pinks on sale and had the greens leftover from another project. Shall I add the RR to the second post for you?

Joyce

Yes please.

Deb

Yep its watermelonish! And teakaycee should have a name do to with coffee instead as she keeps passing out so much.

:thinkyou know............. I just may have to make my next round with a 'coffee' name! :hook

:mug:crocheting

Done with light blue section on diagonal blanket. Now on grey heather (RHSS) section. I have yellow and red sections to do. Then I don't know what to go from there if the blanket isn't complete. I might take a photo when I am done with red section. So I can get some suggestions.

Deb, good for you on progress. Can't wait to see pics!

Diane, can't wait to see pics of yours either. I'm intrigued by what it looks like.

Here's a photo for eye candy. It's the first row of my Unsquared Baby Throw. (I'm using Vanna's Choice in colors to match the nursery)

th_DSCF0741.jpg

Joyce

Ohhh, the pinks and greens look so pretty Joyce.

I am still looking for my digital camera... I know it's somewhere in the apartment - drives me nuts that I can't find it yet. :(

It's a fun blanket. A pure experiment with many things in it. I dunno why I make it so huge. :lol Worth a life experience making it :yes

Just thought I would check in. I'm not getting much progress done on my 3 ghans :blush. I've had to put them away for awhile, i spent all last week working on them, usually an hour at a time, going really fast for some reason (boredom mostly i think!) and between crocheting and doing a major cleaning of the house i've messed up my right shoulder and arm. So, i had to put them aside for now until I can work without being in pain! but I'm hoping to be done with 2 of them soon, about half way done with my son's and finally got more yarn for my daughter's, so hopefully in a few weeks they both will be done! Sorry so long, i got chatty :lol

Ohhh, the pinks and greens look so pretty Joyce.

Thanks Diane. I didn't pick out the colors. That was all the friend who's throwing the shower. I wasn't sure about the browns but I like them in there too.

Just thought I would check in. I'm not getting much progress done on my 3 ghans :blush. I've had to put them away for awhile, i spent all last week working on them, usually an hour at a time, going really fast for some reason (boredom mostly i think!) and between crocheting and doing a major cleaning of the house i've messed up my right shoulder and arm. So, i had to put them aside for now until I can work without being in pain! but I'm hoping to be done with 2 of them soon, about half way done with my son's and finally got more yarn for my daughter's, so hopefully in a few weeks they both will be done! Sorry so long, i got chatty :lol

Thanks for checking in. You weren't chatty at all. I'm sure you'll get those finished just as soon as you can. Take care of your shoulder/arm.

:hug

Joyce

Archived