Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Can I join in? I've got two afghans that I just started. One is a round baby afghan using the puff stitch (and dc's):

DSC01429.jpg

And the other is a scrapghan that I'm working the long way (6' long) using hdc in the back loops only to create a vertical ribbing. I'm trying to stick with darks and neutrals so it doesn't look too wild:

DSC01431.jpg

I'm not using any pattern, just making them up as I go.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished my DS's 2 strander tonight. I will try to take pictures of it tomorrow after work if there is still good lighting. He will be so glad it is done and he can take it back to college with him Monday.

Can I join in? I've got two afghans that I just started. One is a round baby afghan using the puff stitch (and dc's):

DSC01429.jpg

I'm not using any pattern, just making them up as I go.

That baby round is gorgeous! I love the colors

WOW!!! I love seeing everyone's WIPs. They are looking fantastic. I have panel 9 and 10 in progress, which only leaves 1 more to work. I am so excited to finally get to the point where I can start putting this together here soon.

Keep up the great work here everyone!!!

Ok so I am not going to be working on the Christmas Celebration afghan anymore (will probably frog the 2 panels I have to use on another project sometime), but I am starting a ripple afghan for my youngest son, and the Tumbling Blocks afghan for my oldest son. So here I go off to :crocheting!!

Hello everybody!

It's been terribly busy here the past few days and I'm headed to a conference this afternoon through Tuesday. I apologize that I probably won't get around to making updates until Wednesday.

Welcome Tia! I'll get your project added to the list then as well.

Here is an update on my Psychedelic Wave afghan. I am so happy with how it's coming out. I only have a little over 20 rows to go.

MVC-012S.jpg

You should be proud ! It looks great ! Love the rich bold colors!:manyheart

WOW!!! I love seeing everyone's WIPs. They are looking fantastic. I have panel 9 and 10 in progress, which only leaves 1 more to work. I am so excited to finally get to the point where I can start putting this together here soon.

karebear: You are getting so close to finishing - I can't wait to see it. :yay

Me either!! lol! I just finished my last panel. Now I just have to work a few small inside panels and then I can start putting it together! WOOOHOO!!! This is the part that I like...getting close to being done!!

Here are the pictures of My DS's 2 strander. He is very happy with it.

th_DustysUTGhan2.jpg

th_DustysUTGhan2a.jpg

clickable for details

Now off to work on my latest.....a ripple ghan to go on the back of my couch that I will have soon.

Haven't worked on the round baby afghan in a while, but am making good progress on the scrapghan...it's two foot wide now (6' long).

No more pics yet, but maybe soon.

Sounds like you're making good progress.
:hook

Here are the pictures of My DS's 2 strander. He is very happy with it.

th_DustysUTGhan2.jpg

th_DustysUTGhan2a.jpg

clickable for details

Now off to work on my latest.....a ripple ghan to go on the back of my couch that I will have soon.

Great job! I love blue and gold. I'll update the first post.

:sigh I can't believe what I did last night....working on the Tumbling blocks for my oldest son (6 rows in) when I realized that I was one stitch off so now I have to frog the whole thing back to the first row.:bang It wouldnt be so bad if it wasn't all in sc and i have to re-roll the balls as I go (5 bags of 3 balls and 1 bag with 1 color) So I will be restarting the afghan this weekend after I have cooled off a bit. But I am pretty upset with myself about it. grrrrr. In positive news tho, I am on the 24th row of my ripple for my youngest son. So off I go to crochet some more while he watched backyardigan!

:sigh I can't believe what I did last night....working on the Tumbling blocks for my oldest son (6 rows in) when I realized that I was one stitch off so now I have to frog the whole thing back to the first row.:bang It wouldnt be so bad if it wasn't all in sc and i have to re-roll the balls as I go (5 bags of 3 balls and 1 bag with 1 color) So I will be restarting the afghan this weekend after I have cooled off a bit. But I am pretty upset with myself about it. grrrrr. In positive news tho, I am on the 24th row of my ripple for my youngest son. So off I go to crochet some more while he watched backyardigan!

Oh no! I think we've all been there and can sympathize. :hug

Originally Posted by laurawithchild viewpost.gif

I can't believe what I did last night....working on the Tumbling blocks for my oldest son (6 rows in) when I realized that I was one stitch off so now I have to frog the whole thing back to the first row.

Oh no !!:eek

I feel for you - but it suppose at least you realized it 6 rows in, instead of 12 or 20! I hate when that happens.

I'm glad your ripple is coming along great though. Maybe it will make you feel better to finish that and then re-tackle the Tumbling Block.

Good luck to you!

Well, actually, I frogged the blanket then go so motivated to fix it...........now I am 12 rows into the tumbling blocks and feel so much better that I fixed it!! :yay And the ripple (that I was going to work on) got neglected for most of the day. But gotta take baby to dr today for 18 mo check-up, so it will be coming with so I have something to do in waiting room:yes

Well, actually, I frogged the blanket then go so motivated to fix it...........now I am 12 rows into the tumbling blocks and feel so much better that I fixed it!! :yay And the ripple (that I was going to work on) got neglected for most of the day. But gotta take baby to dr today for 18 mo check-up, so it will be coming with so I have something to do in waiting room:yes

Yay! Way to go! :cheer

Archived